Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2012 XC. I am feeling a lot of heat on my left leg coming from the engine. I am not sure what is going on because I feel a lot of air coming toward my leg so I would suspect it would wash the engine and take the heat away from my leg.

THoughts?

Best
John

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
If there is a strong breeze coming from your right, that will cause you left leg to be warmer. Other than that, can't tell ya. I don't have that problem on my XR and I even keep my lower deflectors on all year around.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Try only opening your lower vent just about two inches. Open more than that the wind pushes the engine heat to the back of your legs. Good pair of boots helps also to deflect some of the heat off your lower leg.

forget this post. I thought you had an XCT. Sorry!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I rode out to the Badlands earlier this week and the temps were in the high 80s/low 90s. Felt some heat on both legs, however it depended on the wind direction in relationship to my travel direction, but the heat did not seem excessive at that time. I didn't have the vents open nor move the clear one from it's normal position. All in all, a pretty nice ride too. ;) Of course mine is an XCT, so XC is more than likely to feel different when the weather is warm (hot). Hope you find something that fits your comfort requirements.

Hi all,

I have a 2012 XC. I am feeling a lot of heat on my left leg coming from the engine. I am not sure what is going on because I feel a lot of air coming toward my leg so I would suspect it would wash the engine and take the heat away from my leg.

THoughts?

Best
John

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Try disconnecting the O2 sensors. The connections are about 6" back from the sensors. This will richen the fuel mixture and let your motor run cooler. A fuel controller like the PCV w/AT would be a good addition to any closed loop Vic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts