Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any info on this. I have heated grips stock on my XCT Wondering if I can run any other aftermarket grips. I like the heated ones just looking to add a different looking still retain the heat.
Thanks
Dan

·
13,027 Posts
Keep in mind grips with air pockets don't heat up as much as solid grips.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I have Heat-Demons internal ones and I can install whichever grips I want. No external wires and a good looking four speed controller. They heat up just fine, no complaints.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Ric are they as easy to install as the video shows? How much did you pay for them? I think they would be a really great addition to my Highball, especially in wet weather. Your input would be greatly appreciated Ricz.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Ric are they as easy to install as the video shows? How much did you pay for them? I think they would be a really great addition to my Highball, especially in wet weather. Your input would be greatly appreciated Ricz.
I can't remember seeing a video, but save it if it shows the entire process, for they have the worst printed instructions I have witnessed. I suggest reading and re-reading them and comparing them to the video. Its not really hard to do, but there are things you need to know, such as you will need different bar end caps--the kind that has a rubber barrel that expands as you turn the screw on the end. Only Bike Master has one for 1" bars, to my knowledge. There may be others.
You'll need to drill one or two holes in your bar for wire to pass through. That's why no wires are visible.
Sure, there's a little more to do than with regular heated grips, but I think its well worth it for the clean look and no exposed wires. I'll attach a photo of mine.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts