Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own KewMetals Meathooks you may be interested in the the "Heated Conversation" going on over at Rusty Jones Facebook page. He has introduced some bars called "Outlaw" that look similar to the MeatHooks. He states they are bent different. Binford Customs (makes the MeatHooks) is saying he ripped them off. One difference I see is that he did not drill out the holes to wire internally. What do you see. No stake in it for me...they do look close. On the *** somewhere here back a year or so ago I thought there were some similar looking bars and asked Big Joe at Kewl Metals if they were Meathooks...... he stated they were bent differently. So I do not have a good eye for subtle differences and they are 350 bucks.
https://www.facebook.com/RustyJonesCustoms/

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Happens a lot. east coast west coast thing

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yeah they don't wanna leave it on the too long. Turns customers away.

·
Registered
209 Posts
There are lots of handlebars out there that look alike. All from different vendors. Meat hooks, outraged bars, Tarzanz bars, gorilla bars, FMB monkey bars, etc....all so similar just a matter of what someone wants to pay...anything over $300 for bars I think is crazy but that's just me so of course I would shop for a vendor in my price range for THAT look if I want it. Same goes for wheels there are a few makers out there that make similar wheel designs. It's called competition in the market place.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Unless "Kewmetals" owns a design patent on the bars (possible but unlikely), then all of the bellyachin' is just irrelevant noise. There is nothing legally or morally that can or should stop Rusty Jones from making an exact duplicate of the Kewmetals' bars. Welcome to capitalism, Kewmetals.

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: witchdoctor

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
I was happy to pay a premium price for top quality highly polished 304 grade stainless steel Burleigh Bars.
What are all those others?
Just chrome plated I bet.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
How many possible variations of bars can possibly be made to fit an XC ? It only stands to reason some styles will overlap ....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does someone have a patent on a bend angle? :crzy:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Reactions: witchdoctor
1 - 14 of 14 Posts