Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a blood circulation problem in my hands and they get cold very easily. Has anyone used heated gloves for cold hands and do they keep you warm ?? Just looking for some feedback before I go spend the money. I have Hippo Hands on the bike and they help a little but not enough. Thanks

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Do you already have heated grips?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hi, I have a blood circulation problem in my hands and they get cold very easily. Has anyone used heated gloves for cold hands and do they keep you warm ?? Just looking for some feedback before I go spend the money. I have Hippo Hands on the bike and they help a little but not enough. Thanks
Heated gloves are wonderful. I don't ride in the cold without them. Of course you need a heated jacket to plug them into. This is also wonderful. Some people also buy a rheostat to adjust the levels. I use an on/off switch. I usually leave it on unless I get into city traffic and it's in the 40's or so.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
+1 Give me heated grips and some regular leather gloves anyday
Heated grips are good for cool weather 40s to 50s. I rode with them and insulated gloves into the mid 30s this spring in mountains in and around Yosemite and I can tell you that without a heated jacket or heated gloves that is downright cold. Mother nature was nice enough to engage the wife and I with a monsoon of sleet after we got good and cold. Best of all, we decided we'd wear jeans since we were going into the south entrance of the park...

I rode to work a week or so ago (~30 miles by highway) in 25°F and with the heated jacket and gloves, it might as well have been 70°F outside.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have Firsr Gear heated gloves and jackef. They work great. All that gets cold now is my face. If you invest in heated gloves, you can take them to a new bike, heated grips usually stay with the bike.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I have heated gloves by Mobile Warming. I haven't actually used them on the bike yet but I did take them fishing on a day the weather was in the 30's and they seemed to do well. The (rechargable) batteries are in the gloves.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Heated grips are good for cool weather 40s to 50s. I rode with them and insulated gloves
I find the insulated gloves really defeat the effectiveness of the hand warmers. Less between the grip and skin is the goal. On the vision, deerskin gloves and high heat are awesome. 26 deg today and my hands were toasty happy. YMMV
Since the OP wants glove info, I'll now leave this alone, lol...................................................................................................................................unless he gets some heated grips!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I bought my 2012 XCT, I thought its heated grips were a silly novelty. Hells bells, I live in San Antonio! Who needs heated grips in southern Texas? Gulp. I do! I'm stunned at the number of times on early morning fall rides down here when I have appreciated them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Heated grips are great.. BUT ... when the weather turns really cold you can't beat the Gerbing gloves (and jacket liner for that matter) thumb up

·
Registered
16 Posts
I rode my vision down into the single digits until snow finaly put an end to riding. The heated seat and grips made all the difference in the world. My vision has extended the riding season for me by a couple of months. Thin gloves with heated grips work well for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's 24 this morning and I am riding to work. I appreciate the seat and grips on the Vision; however, I am a year round rider as long as there is no snow/ice on the roads or in the forecast. I am looking at the heated jacket so I can extend the riding in to the really cold weather. I didn't buy this beautiful machine to admire it in the garage.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had the Gerbing gloves and jacket liner for almost 5 yrs. now.This is my 2nd bike that came with heated grips as standard equipment.I would never spend the money as an add on,the gloves do a much better job warming my hands.The grips are nice at dusk or dawn when it's just a little chilly out.Although I haven't had to have any repairs on either the gloves or jacket Gerbing will repair them,lifetime warranty I believe.As far as the heated seat,it is an added treat.I love it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts