Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a heated grip kit for Victory Cross/Vision bikes. The part number for the kit is 2877658. Anyone know of a dealer who might have a set sitting around I WOULD APPRECIATE A HEADS UP.

THANKS, TIM

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I suspected they didn't have them even though they show on the website and they obviously cannot be ordered.
Thanks anyway,

Tim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my local dealer gave me those two dealerships but they don't have them even though it shows on Victory's computer parts inventory. I guess my only hope is a dealer does inventory and finds a set sitting on the back shelf collecting dust.

Thanks for trying

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I saw a set of Victory heated grips for a Vegas today at a dealer. $199 then 60% off of that. I'm guessing the grips are the same, all you may need is the Cross bike switch which is readily available. FWIW, I find the Victory heated grips very effective.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
You have to be careful on those part numbers for the XR/XC heated grips. If I remember right the 2010 models were different than the 2011+ models. I have the grips and I have to warn you that they are very soft and wear out fast. I am down to the wires on the clutch side grip on mine so I am going to have to either replace them of put some grip puppies on them.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Just found the box for my grips and they were part # 2877658 for my 2011 XR.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I had considered this route as the grips for Vegas. Kingpin etc seem to be more readily available. Yes I would have to buy the switch and I'm quite sure the wiring is different as well. If I can't go with the proper grips that are plug and play I would likely go with an aftermarket set as I understand they may be a little more durable in the long run.

Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
At 55K miles, my CCT heated grips look fine. I haven't noticed an unusual wear pattern at all. I typically wear deer skin gloves so maybe that has been good for them. I'll find another oem set if/when mine do wear out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
2" heat shrink works GREAT! Gives you a new, more durable surface, and you loose very little in transfer. My grips were prematurely wearing on my 14 XCT. Covered them for around three bucks!!:grin

Attachments

·
12,984 Posts
Tim
what bars do you have on the bike. Are they tube type. Or solid like the visions.

TNXR
Look at grip puppies. Gold wing store sells them. There soft and comfortable. Get the long ones and cut to length

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Thanks Johnny, think you may have told me about them before just been too busy/lazy to pick a set up.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
At 55K miles, my CCT heated grips look fine. I haven't noticed an unusual wear pattern at all. I typically wear deer skin gloves so maybe that has been good for them. I'll find another oem set if/when mine do wear out.
I have about 12k miles on my heated grips but they started wearing right off the bat. I wear sport bike gloves (fake leather and nylon) so don't know if that is the culprit but my oem non-heated grips have no wear signs on them when I took them off. I don't put the miles on my bike each year like most on here but I do ride it at least once a week and rarely on straight road, twisties 90% of the time so I am changing gears quite often. My grip is wearing on the clutch side because of that and not on the throttle side. I will probably not replace them and just get some grip covers because of the wear issue (for me).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Order it From Victory

It is a stock part and will be available form Victory for the 10 year period. You can order online from Victory or go to a dealer.

Just go to the Parts and Service area and find the part an order it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes that is true but also somewhat cost prohibitive. Each piece has to be ordered and purchased separately. Right side, left side, switch, mount etc. If I have to will go that route but the kit if available will be much more cost effective.
Thanks, Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts