Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start a thread instead of hijakking one. I plan to put heated grips on my xc by spring, just not sure what brand. I don't mind the stock grips so if I went with the victory ones that would be ok. But I was looking at the ones Avon makes also, wondering how they are, I have seen them for a little cheaper then the vic ones, but if they don't work as well I don't know that I want them. Which ones have some of you put on? Looking for suggestions and your thoughts on how they work, thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the Avon ones and this is the second season for them. Look better and more comfort than the Vic ones. The install is kind of a pain as the controller clamps to the handlebars and requires 2 holes to be drilled to run the wires.

The controller provides 4 levels of heat instead of 2 (Vic), and they get warm enough for my riding conditions (moderate temps, high 20's to high 40's).
I had a discussion with another rider last year where he used the Vic controller with the Avon grips with good results.
YMMV

·
Registered
945 Posts
I just had the Vic heated grips installed a couple weeks ago and am very satisfied with them so far coldest so far been 29 degrees and still use low setting haven't even tried the high setting yet

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks guys, I have seen the avon ones on ebay for around $160 shipped, think I will be going that route when I get them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts