Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have tried to find the thread that I saw this in but even using the search function I am unable to find the information.

If I remember correctly the thread stated that the plug under the seat (looks like a battery tender plug) is for the heated seat. My question is has anyone used this to connect heated gear? Do you know if you could run 2 sets of gear (less than 16 amps) from that?

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
On my 2013 XCT the heated seat wires are coming from the rear fender area and it is a plug with 4 or so wires.
I ran wires for my heated gear under the tank and down to the battery. There is a terminal block on the left side of the battery box area. I ran the hot wires there and the ground wires to to ground on the battery. Make sure to include a fuse in the hot line.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
So I have tried to find the thread that I saw this in but even using the search function I am unable to find the information.
off
If I remember correctly the threadi stated that the plug under the seat (looks like a battery tender plug) is for the heated seat. My question is has anyone used this to connect heated gear? Do you know if you could run 2 sets of gear (less than 16 amps) from that?

Thanks for the help!!
Those wires control the trunk tail and brake lights and the trunk speakers. Im not a mechanic but i think you'd be better off running a separate set of wires as already suggested above... I doubt the light wires would handle 16 amps...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
13,262 Posts
Isn't there information in your owners book about what wire for seat.
I'm sure it would have diffrent end for the seat

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plug that I am looking at is not for the trunk. I am familiar with that plug as I run with and without the trunk at various times. I will probably just go the safe route and run it to the battery.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts