Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well want you all to know the heated seats work really well on my 2013. Went out for a long ride yesterday at 103 degrees and thought wow this bike runs much hotter than my Jackpot. Well it turns out that middle position is off on seat heater. I was told forward was off. Live and learn.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
During a test ride at 55 degrees I found that switch and got it turned off. Even then it was more than I really wanted. I suppose it would be nice to warm the seat on a cold morning for the first few miles but I can't see leaving it turned on for a whole ride.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was sort of funny. I was thinking the whole time man the heat from the engine must just find its way under the seat. Nice to have heated seats but I think there should be a switch on the main panel so you can see if they are on or off. For us switch challenged folks.

·
13,247 Posts
You were 1/2 right when you thought it was from the engine.
This summer you'll check that seat switch 6 or 7 times.
Vision seats get dam hot. I use Gold Bond power to help but there is no help when it gets into the mid 90's or higher.
Guys are using wood beads or ship skin to help even a bath towel. :mad:

Say you should read your owners manual if some one lied about the heat seat switch what ells did they lie to you about

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My wife's Mercury has heated seats, and this time of year in ID the temperature can go from the 40s in the morning to the 80s in the afternoon. I've cooked myself coming home from work more than once because I left it on.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JV I actually read it but I really didn't pay attention to the heated seat part. For some dumb reason never even checked to see where switches were until I took seat off when taking trunk off. I may have hit them while cleaning the other day because I never really noticed any extra heat.

105 plus, hot Vision equals weight loss:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I sure hope you installed the lower air deflectors. Yes, the VV is the hottest of all Vic's but they really do help. thumb up

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't do the lowers. Just don't like the way they look. I found putting my feet out wide cools. Me down. Had a great ride tonight. Actually felt cool out

·
Registered
42 Posts
You were 1/2 right when you thought it was from the engine.
This summer you'll check that seat switch 6 or 7 times.
Vision seats get dam hot. I use Gold Bond power to help but there is no help when it gets into the mid 90's or higher.
Guys are using wood beads or ship skin to help even a bath towel. :mad:

Say you should read your owners manual if some one lied about the heat seat switch what ells did they lie to you about
Having been through 2 Aussie summers, I'd have to say that I don't find the Vision any hotter than any of my previous rides, Johnny. I haven't heard complaints from other Aussie Vision riders either, and I've got a couple of mates in Texas who are of the same view. I guess it depends on the individual. We all have slightly different tolerance levels :)

Pete

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heck here in AZ we love the feel of a nice warm 110 wind on our faces. 110 on the lower region not so much. It is nice to know though that the bike has seat heaters for those cold mornings you know around 60 or so.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Heck here in AZ we love the feel of a nice warm 110 wind on our faces. 110 on the lower region not so much. It is nice to know though that the bike has seat heaters for those cold mornings you know around 60 or so.
lol...cold, eh? One of these October mornings I'm gonna get a shot of the thermometer at the First Federal I pass on my way to work. I think 23 was the coldest I've caught it on the bike.

But I can't act too tough. It's only a 2-mile ride :ltr:

·
Registered
42 Posts
lol...cold, eh? One of these October mornings I'm gonna get a shot of the thermometer at the First Federal I pass on my way to work. I think 23 was the coldest I've caught it on the bike.

But I can't act too tough. It's only a 2-mile ride :ltr:
Only 23 ??? that's nothing. We get much colder than that out here in Sydney.... Oh, Fahrenheit eh ? :) :) Luckily, I can't even BEGIN to imagine 23 F .....:crzy:

Pete

·
Registered
39 Posts
I finished up a 840 KM/500 ish mile ride this past Sunday with the seat heater and grip heater on low for the last 1.5 hours of so. BUT is was only about 6=7C or 43-45F and raining out at the time.
I don't use them a lot even up here in Canada, BUT when I do, I love them both!

·
Registered
293 Posts
The first day I bought my bike (mid July) I took the girl friend for a ride. I assumed that the switch went Off- low - high. We were riding for about 20 minutes and she says "does this bike have heated seats?"

Well yes honey it does. she says "well I think mine is on and it's hot." No problem baby I flip the switch clear the other direction. LOL.. what I actually did was turn hers from low to high. It was ten minutes and she was like a Mexican jumping bean back there.

Yes she has a hot ass but that was funny as hell.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The first day I bought my bike (mid July) I took the girl friend for a ride. I assumed that the switch went Off- low - high. We were riding for about 20 minutes and she says "does this bike have heated seats?"

Well yes honey it does. she says "well I think mine is on and it's hot." No problem baby I flip the switch clear the other direction. LOL.. what I actually did was turn hers from low to high. It was ten minutes and she was like a Mexican jumping bean back there.

Yes she has a hot ass but that was funny as hell.
Hehen thats funny! I meant to turn the rear on low for the daughter on a cool mornin, flipped it to high... When we got to 1st pit stop she made sure I knew that somethign was going to have to change or we were heading home... lol....

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I sure hope you installed the lower air deflectors. Yes, the VV is the hottest of all Vic's but they really do help. thumb up
+1 on the lower deflectors, they move a lot of air on hot days.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Congrats on your first BUN BURNER

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Great Scot, if it's in the High 60's I don't even wear a jacket.
On a mostly stock Hammer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts