Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Actually about 4:55 but that scared the sh*t out of me when it got to it. Hope it never happens to me and if it does I hope I am as lucky as that guy!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually about 4:55 but that scared the sh*t out of me when it got to it. Hope it never happens to me and if it does I hope I am as lucky as that guy!
Makes me rethink riding lighter bikes.

·
Registered
938 Posts
That is something that I have to worry about for the first 6 miles from the house everyday

·
Registered
124 Posts
deer

i live in the country also and that right there is 1 of my biggest fears, i have hit many with my truck, wow scary i watched that a few times scares the crap out of me well off to the gazebo for a beer cheers

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
On an IronButt about 4 years ago...one of the riders (right in front of ME)...was on a Sportser...SLICED a YOUNG DEER completely in half. He had no time to react. As I rode by DIRECTLY behind him...the torso was on one side and the back legs on the other side...STILL KICKING.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That was some really awful music! What in the world is the matter with this guy?

So, I'm watching this video knowing something is going to happen, I played from the beginning and let the time bar disappear. Looking like a moron, I'm sitting here with one hand on the imaginary throttle and the other on my lap with my feet out as I usually ride just to see if I could see whatever it is coming and react in time. NOT A CHANCE! That bike was smacked before I could even think about pushing my imaginary bars or grabbing an imaginary brake. I feel like an idiot telling you guys I did that :eek:

Knocked the stuffin' right out that deer though didn't he :D Lucky man

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I replayed it over and over and over, watching that deer get smacked when I noticed the front of the bike actually came off the ground and landed back down a few feet to the right. He was near the painted center line when the front came up in the air and he was in the middle of the right lane when the wheel touched down again. I think it's a bit more than luck, he must have said his prayers when he started that ride.

·
Registered
166 Posts
One of my biggest fears as well. I see deer each night. One time the DEER hit ME (luckily while in my truck), smacked me in the side while goin about 55.

Couple weeks ago on the highway goin about 75 I had to slam on the brakes and skidded about 20 feet before the deer ran off. That puckered me up a little..

I catch chit on these nice nights gettin outta work, and throwin on a jacket.. "what, ya tryin to look cool? It's 80 degrees out and nobodies on the road at this time..." Yeah right, these deer are seeking their vengance..

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Sayin prayers before the ride? I guess God said, "I'll throw a deer at him, but I'll let him live, that'll be funny".

For every 'prayer' that saves somebody, there's a boat load whose prayers are ignored. If God saves a little kid from a house fire, but burns up three other kids in that house... it's a... miracle??

Off my 'God isn't very good at his job' soapbox and back to deer wars.

P.S. That guy was lucky.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Sayin prayers before the ride? I guess God said, "I'll throw a deer at him, but I'll let him live, that'll be funny".

For every 'prayer' that saves somebody, there's a boat load whose prayers are ignored. If God saves a little kid from a house fire, but burns up three other kids in that house... it's a... miracle??

Off my 'God isn't very good at his job' soapbox and back to deer wars.

P.S. That guy was lucky.
Lance, keep your God bashing mumbo jumbo to yourself. This is not a religious debate thread. There are a few on here where you can go spew your bull at...

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Lance, keep your God bashing mumbo jumbo to yourself. This is not a religious debate thread. There are a few on here where you can go spew your bull at...
Just another point of view.... you don't mind it when prayer comments are made so you ought not to mind a common sense view that sees things differently.

I agree, this is a 'deer bashing' thread.. doesn't seem like anyone needs to bring God or prayers into it. A deer ran across the road, and a guy got lucky he wasn't killed. Seems simple.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Just another point of view.... you ought not to mind a simple minded view that doesn't see things clearly.

I agree, this is a 'deer bashing' thread.. doesn't seem like anyone needs me to bring God bashing into it.
No problem buddy...cheers

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
No problem you big a-hole, f-u...cheers
Seems like proper etiquette when 'quoting' someone not to re-word the quote, don't you think?

(Rebel Biker quoted me above but changed what I'd said, not nice)

Now back to this big ass bike deer killer thread.wac

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Seems like proper etiquette when 'quoting' someone not to re-word the quote, don't you think?

(Rebel Biker quoted me above but changed what I'd said, not nice)

Now back to this big ass bike deer killer thread.wac
'cmon that was funny. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts