Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my baffles a couple weeks ago, sounded a bit better but not great so i cut the 1.25" tips off and installed some 2.25" tips.

She pops pretty bad when decelerating now, any problems with allowing this until I get a tuner and dyno later this year?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,027 Posts
try speed shifting, other wards don't close the throttle all the way when you shift. That should cut down on the popping

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I removed my baffles a couple weeks ago, sounded a bit better but not great so i cut the 1.25" tips off and installed some 2.25" tips.

She pops pretty bad when decelerating now, any problems with allowing this until I get a tuner and dyno later this year
If you're still using the stock air filter, you're fine to wait as is without doing any damage. Disconnect your O² sensors if you haven't already, and that will help.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Massage the connections.

Popping can be the result of outside air getting in during decel and touching off the unspent fuel. If muscling the clamps doesn't improve it, there's exhaust butter you can lather into the connections to fill gaps.

Might not work, but it might and it's cheap.

It's not entirely out of the question that during the debaffling you could have tweaked the exhaust gaskets and they might warrant replacement. Not likely though unless you did the job with a three pound hammer.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
If you're still using the stock air filter, you're fine to wait as is without doing any damage. Disconnect your O² sensors if you haven't already, and that will help.

That is where I would start. Just remember to give it a few miles for the ECU to compensate for the sensors being disconected. May take 50 or so miles.
It won't hurt anything (but your ego).

·
Registered
298 Posts
If, after trying the suggested methods, you still have popping, buy and install the Lloydz IAV. This was THE final solution for my popping, after buying a PC-V(suggested by AZ VICTORY), dyno tuning, and Lloydz air filter.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
When I put on my WD baffled pipes last year, my XR popped like crazy for the first 100 miles or so but started to slowly go away. They say the computers in these things are not very high tech but it seems have done something to cause the popping to lessen. I now only get pops every now and then, mainly when shifting gears at to low of a RPM.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
If your 02s are already disconnected, reconnect and try. The only time i had any real popping with mine was when mine were disconnected with no tuner. Popping on decel can be both rich or lean, depending on the pop, one big bang is usually rich, jake brake sound is generally lean.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
13,027 Posts

She pops pretty bad when decelerating now, any problems with allowing this until I get a tuner and dyno later this year?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Would be nice if you say what year and model. Never ask with out telling all

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I think its a 12-13xc he had another post about his pipe mod.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts