1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought my heel shifter from Kewlmetal, but had them make it with a rubber peg to match the front OEM peg. I then replaced both pegs with Kury pegs for a great looking and working heel/toe combo that leaves lots of boot room on the floorboard.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I bought my heel shifter from Kewlmetal, but had them make it with a rubber peg to match the front OEM peg. I then replaced both pegs with Kury pegs for a great looking and working heel/toe combo that leaves lots of boot room on the floorboard.
So you bought just the heel shifter, it looks like its all one piece...thumb up

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Do you find that it gets in your way? I like to put the ball of my foot on the edge of the floorboard once in a while and your set up looks like it would be in that way.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It comes as an add-on piece that attaches to the OEM toe shifter. If you look, you should see a couple small bolt holes near the bottom rear of your shifter arm. This is to attach the rear/heel shifter. It does not at all get in the way. I had similar setups on my Vulcans so I am well used to it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
265 Posts
I seem to remember that the shifter on the '10 is different than the '11+. The shifter for the '10 cannot have a heel added to it, you have to buy a newer one.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I seem to remember that the shifter on the '10 is different than the '11+. The shifter for the '10 cannot have a heel added to it, you have to buy a newer one.

Ride safe.
This could be entirely true...I have a 2013 XCT and have done zero research to check compatability...

·
Registered
851 Posts

Ride safe.
I have a 2010 XR. It came with a shifter that looks like this but is aluminium not chrome and picture shows it upside down for some reason

I bought the OEM replacement heel toe shifter and it works great. The heel part is narrow enough to not interfere with the floorboard but wide enough not to miss

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Ride safe.
That is my understanding as well. You can't get just the heel shifter, but the complete piece, which is why I was interested in the shifter I link in the original post.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2010 XR. It came with a shifter that looks like this but is aluminium not chrome and picture shows it upside down for some reason

I bought the OEM replacement heel toe shifter and it works great. The heel part is narrow enough to not interfere with the floorboard but wide enough not to miss

Yeah, this is the shift I thought looked uglier than sin (no offense intended) and I was hoping to find a better shifter - one that had an actual peg or hole for a peg. I know, I know I'm so difficult.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You are not being difficult. You want what you want....and you should have exactly that. I'll bet someone (maybe even Kewlmetal) would make you one. It might cost you a little coin, but sometimes that's the cost of getting what you want.

It's like asking a girl out, the answer is automatically no if you don't ask. Call them and see what they might do. I did, and thats how I got my rear shifter with a rubber peg instead of the metal one they showed on their website. They are a custom shop, so they can do a lot of things. Just sayin'. Good luck in your search...cheers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts