Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high is your back fender after lowering your bike 1 1/2in. I used the adj link and don't know if i did it wright Bike seemed to be the same when sitting on it. HELP Thanks GP

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lowering

I used the old link side by side and made the new one 3/4in shorter. Thought someone said double that to get 1 1/2in lower????. Thanks GP

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey what ever came of this problem - did you get it figured out?
I ask because I may have to look into one of those adjustable links. My recently acquired Cross Country came lowered and when I'm 2-up we are experiencing a couple scrapes.

·
13,003 Posts
Hey what ever came of this problem - did you get it figured out?
I ask because I may have to look into one of those adjustable links. My recently acquired Cross Country came lowered and when I'm 2-up we are experiencing a couple scrapes.
how much air do you have in the shock. add ten psi and see what you think. Measure before pumping

·
Registered
742 Posts
how much air do you have in the shock. add ten psi and see what you think. Measure before pumping
I had only 15 lbs in it - raised it to 40. Going on a good 2-up ride today and will see how it behaves over a variety of roads. I read that the shock can take up to 70 lbs fo I can pump even more in if it seems like it needs it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had only 15 lbs in it - raised it to 40. Going on a good 2-up ride today and will see how it behaves over a variety of roads. I read that the shock can take up to 70 lbs fo I can pump even more in if it seems like it needs it.
There should be a pressure guide on the inside of the passenger side saddlebag.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had only 15 lbs in it - raised it to 40. Going on a good 2-up ride today and will see how it behaves over a variety of roads. I read that the shock can take up to 70 lbs so I can pump even more in if it seems like it needs it.
Happy to say that 2-up with 40lbs of air seems to have cured any bottoming-out issues my lowered bike had been exhibiting. We were on all kinds of roads yesterday, purposely aiming for some dips and crunchy pavement we'd have normally avoided on the old tired Nomad. The Cross Country soaked them up very well and stayed composed even in turns. I am pretty damn impressed with this bike :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts