Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys.. I want to see what people think of Heli Bars vs Klock Werks.
price, looks, install , comfort ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got the Heli-bars. Looks - not the prettiest bar - filling tank with fuel - unless you have the Ness removable gas cap, almost impossible! - functionality - this is where they just shine! I got a bad wrist, bad shoulder, bad back ( would be easier to say what was not bad), took me a bout a week to tweek the bars but I now have them to where I can sit on the damn bike for a full day ( 1000 - 1400 Klm's) and still get off without seizing up! Damn expensive, but worth every penny in my books! I have not seen the Klock Werks in person so I cannot give a response!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
A) Not familiar with any KlockWerks bars.

B) I've had the HeliBars ( HeliBars® Horizon? CCR multi adjustable handlebars for Victory Cross Models - HELIBARS ) on my XCT for two seasons now (about 14,000 miles), and think they're great.

I was looking for more pullback, and these offer as much as you can get without changing any cables (except for certain older Cross bikes -- see their web site). And I was looking for a change in wrist angle, and you get that.

And unlike any other bars, both the pullback and the wrist angle are adjustable after purchase. I've kept the pullback at max, but I have played with the wrist angle over time (and even have the left and the right sides adjusted slightly differently from each other).

The downsides?

Yep, expensive, on a par with what some folks spend on custom seats (and I maintain that if you think of it that way, it's not so outlandish, i.e., what's your comfort worth, during and after a full day in the saddle?).

Also, if you're looking to have a bike with in-the-bar cables and wiring and suchlike, forget it. The pivots preclude that sort of customization.

I don't have much more trouble filling the gas tank than before. I mean, the XCs and XCTs are no picnic to begin with, in that regard. Yes, I have to position the bars just so, to get my shot at the tank, but even before things were a little persnickety.

If you're interested, I have the following two write-ups on the Helis:

1) A more general review in webBikeWorld (with a short video on the adjustability): HeliBars Review - webBikeWorld

2) A sub-gallery on my Heli install, with 50 pics and explanatory captions: Victory XCT HeliBars Installation

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A) Not familiar with any KlockWerks bars.

B) I've had the HeliBars ( HeliBars® Horizon? CCR multi adjustable handlebars for Victory Cross Models - HELIBARS ) on my XCT for two seasons now (about 14,000 miles), and think they're great.

I was looking for more pullback, and these offer as much as you can get without changing any cables (except for certain older Cross bikes -- see their web site). And I was looking for a change in wrist angle, and you get that.

And unlike any other bars, both the pullback and the wrist angle are adjustable after purchase. I've kept the pullback at max, but I have played with the wrist angle over time (and even have the left and the right sides adjusted slightly differently from each other).

The downsides?

Yep, expensive, on a par with what some folks spend on custom seats (and I maintain that if you think of it that way, it's not so outlandish, i.e., what's your comfort worth, during and after a full day in the saddle?).

Also, if you're looking to have a bike with in-the-bar cables and wiring and suchlike, forget it. The pivots preclude that sort of customization.

I don't have much more trouble filling the gas tank than before. I mean, the XCs and XCTs are no picnic to begin with, in that regard. Yes, I have to position the bars just so, to get my shot at the tank, but even before things were a little persnickety.

If you're interested, I have the following two write-ups on the Helis:

1) A more general review in webBikeWorld (with a short video on the adjustability): HeliBars Review - webBikeWorld

2) A sub-gallery on my Heli install, with 50 pics and explanatory captions: Victory XCT HeliBars Installation
Bill i got your pics and write up saved. in fact the reason i asked was a friend who has a cct in NJ asked about the two comparisions. i told him to join the group becuase there is a wealth of information on here but for some reason he doesnt like groups. oh well.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Bill i got your pics and write up saved. in fact the reason i asked was a friend who has a cct in NJ asked about the two comparisions. i told him to join the group becuase there is a wealth of information on here but for some reason he doesnt like groups. oh well.
Oops, sorry, Jim, I wasn't paying attention to who the OP was. Senior moment. If I had noticed it was you, I would've realized that you and I had discussed all this.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Oops, sorry, Jim, I wasn't paying attention to who the OP was. Senior moment. If I had noticed it was you, I would've realized that you and I had discussed all this.
Guess you just weren't paying attention again , eh' Bill ?:grin

·
13,002 Posts
I like the concept of both bars. Being able to adjust the bars to fit our body is great. To bad the motorcycle companies don't make them stock.
As far is which one is better look on the net for company I guess

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I like the concept of both bars. Being able to adjust the bars to fit our body is great. To bad the motorcycle companies don't make them stock.
As far is which one is better look on the net for company I guess
Well, at least one company does. The two Motus models come stock with an appropriate version of HeliBars: MST | Motus Motorcylces

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i like the heli bars. this might be my winter project.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts