Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, had honda,suzuki + triumph 60's to 70's, bought a new 06 sportster added many upgrades to make it sporty, better but not sporty enough, bought new 12 bonneville for a sporty ride, great bike now looking for a cruiser to replace the not sporty,not real cruiser, tested a 13 superglide yesterday, not for me!! lookin at victory bikes now!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to Victory but I've had Hondas, Yamakahas, Kawasakis, a Triumph, and I like my Tour the best so far. Ride a Victory and you'll buy one!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I agree with tckiefer, have owned honda, yamaha but nothing I've ridden so far beats the victory, very smooth ride. 2010 Vegas Low with 3000 miles. Good luck with choosing your ride.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8 ball's

lookin at the 8 ball models, vegas has skinny "harley" front tire hurts braking + handling, hammer has oversize poor handling "harley" rear tire. easier to change out rear and inverted forks usually a plus. gotta test ride but closest dealers about 60 miles, i do almost all my own work so unless its a warranty issue dealer will not see me!! a good friend and former ducati dealer mikmar cycles does partime work and is very sharp, does some basket restorations and many come out of state for his talents. how is stock suspension + brakes, i am 5-8 175 lb should fit the average setup by manufacturers. they are easy bolt ons depending whats available for the victory bikes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am coming from a ZX14 and while my Hammer doesn't pull or corner like the 14 did I am very impressed with how it handles. It's a bit stiff and slow speed turning (which is my skill set, not the bike) is taking some getting used to but otherwise I love the bike. It's by fair my favorite so far. I am usually fickle and change bikes often but this one will be in the stable for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts