Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Been trolling the site for a couple weeks now and thought I'd finally introduce myself.

I currently ride a Honda Shadow Phantom (love the blacked out, old school look). I've been doing research on what my next bike will be (hopefully, Spring or Summer for purchase) and I've basically narrowed it down to two bikes -- the Cross Country and the HD Street Glide. Leaning toward the XC because the final element is the look and I just love the look of the XC. Haven't ridden either one yet because I know that will just make the bug want to bite even more and I just can't do it yet.

Everyone stay safe and enjoy the ride.

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
Welcome, barracuda!
I had a GoldWing 1800 for 10 seasons and really wanted a HD Ultra Classic. I've ridden one many times but it just didn't feel "awesome". Enter the Victory XC/T and Vision. Amazing comfort and handling.

DEFINITELY ride them both and see how they fit you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking forward to riding both and my plan is actually to rent a Street Glide for a weekend in the spring. I figure that will give me a lot more time in the saddle and a better feel for the bike. I really wish Victory had a rental option! That would be great to comparison purposes.

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
That is indeed the best way, but I know of no Victory rental places (in my area at least). best bet is to check out a demo day where the factory truck has one of each model, you can ride them all day if you like.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Welcome, Barracuda! I was in the same boat and did ride both. I will say this, they are very different bikes and at the end of the day, it is all about preference. You'll hear many guys bash HD and bash Victory. HD has come a long way and I liked the SG but nowhere near as much as I liked the XC.
Good Luck-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts