Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum and was hoping to get some opinions (I know there's plenty of those to go around!). I have a Honda Fury but have been looking to get something a little more comfy for 2-up riding with the wife. I'm considering purchasing an 04 v92 tc with less than 10K miles, but was interested to hear what the experts here have to say about them. How are they for comfort? maintenance? dependability?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
For max comfort, take it from the geezer with over 60 years riding experience and most of it two up touring. You can not beat the Cross Country Tour for that. Second to that would be a Cross Country with the Lock & Ride backrest and rack, or better yet, the top case.
Maintenance? Oil changes (which are very easy), and a few very minor things like clutch cable adjustment (easy too) and spark plugs. I'm pushing 80 and do all my own maintenance including wheel removal and replacement. Easiest bike to work on that I ever had.
Dependability? Theses things are so dependable I turned down a 5 year extended warranty for only $450 and the dealer agreed that I'd just be throwing $$$ at him.
I have never had a more comfortable and competent bike. Its so versatile that I use it for in city errands and long distant touring and has me down to just one bike in my garage for the first time in 4 decades.
Ride one, then you'll buy one.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The v92 is a great bike. I'm 6'2" and very comfortable on it size-wise, after awhile in the seat my ass gets to hurting a little but I don't have much padding back there. Maintenance just change the oil every 3000 and clean the throttle body occasionally. Very dependable, fires right up and I wouldn't hesitate to take off on it tomorrow.

If the price is right, pull the trigger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the reply's by RICZ and Ghost_Rider. I took the advice and am the proud owner of a 2004 Touring Cruiser. The Fury is gonna have to slide over a foot to the left to make room for the 'ol girl in the garage. Looking forward to digging through all the great information here to see exactly what she can do!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Glad to know I was of some help. Ride long, ride safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts