Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all u lucky Vic riders,
I joined because I like to read all sorts of bike related info and my son has a Victory and is always sending me info from the site. I am not new to riding and currently own a 2008 Suzuki C50T and ride as often as my health allows due to a chronic illness. The reason for the Suzuki is it is light and very easy handle as strength is an issue. But have rode my sons [digger890] bike and wow what a ride plenty of power and torque and so smooth.:) So anywho Hi from NE Ohio.

Oldshool54

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome OS. I assume the 54 in your logon reflects your dob. If so, I have a full 7 years on you for age. I was born in 47. Sorry to hear about your physical problems. So far I have been spared them, pure luck I guess. I have found the Vic Vision to be light weight in normal riding although it could definitely tax your abilities at near zero speed. I will choose a bike that I can easily handle under normal circumstances and will rely on nearby general population to help me if I fail under abnormal circumstances. So far that has meant getting help from bystanders the couple of times I have lost control of my HD Road Glide Ultra where people nearby were almost eager to help me recover my ride. It is a bit tough for many of us to ask for help but you might be surprised how often even non-riders will volunteer to help you out of a tight spot. People are basically good and eager to help anyone in real trouble, at least that has been my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks OM47 the 54 refers to age at the start of my riding career and dob is 52 so ya only got me by about 5 years. I never rode before I bought my first bike and have really enjoyed it well for a couple years then the health problem set in oh I still ride but only on the real good days which are getting few and far between but as long as I feel safe I will ride but when the time comes I suspect my abilities I will quit if I am not safe no one is. Great site and alot of info here and good people.

Oldschool54

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome Oldschool! Your relationship with your son and how you came to post here says a lot about you! I hope to ride with my sons someday... Again Welcome and heres to many good days down the road!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts