Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with a buddy last Friday to pick up his '14 Judge. I probably shouldn't have went because now I want a '13 or '14 Hammer. I have an '04 Honda Sabre but fell in love with the Hammer when I saw it. I went to the bank Monday and got approved for a loan. The only problem is none of the dealers in my area have a Hammer in stock. One of the dealerships said they could get one from another dealer but I would have to pay for them to go get it. Is this common? Would I be better off having them order me one from Victory? Is there much of a difference between the '13 or '14? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
403 Posts
no difference between the two years. The red tag sales event ends at the end of the month, you need to find a 13. 2k off and a 5 yr warranty. That in itself is worth the drive to go get one. Don't pay the dealer to get one from someone else.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the board, and I would have to agree with Moosehead. Now is the time to buy the 2013. Big savings , Just call around till you find one, and go get it!thumb up

·
Registered
217 Posts
I went with a buddy last Friday to pick up his '14 Judge. I probably shouldn't have went because now I want a '13 or '14 Hammer. I have an '04 Honda Sabre but fell in love with the Hammer when I saw it. I went to the bank Monday and got approved for a loan. The only problem is none of the dealers in my area have a Hammer in stock. One of the dealerships said they could get one from another dealer but I would have to pay for them to go get it. Is this common? Would I be better off having them order me one from Victory? Is there much of a difference between the '13 or '14? Thanks in advance!
you could also go to a different dealer last time i was at the dealer by me they had a hammer s and a hammer 8-ball the s is a 12 or 13 and the 8 ball im pretty sure is a 13

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the input! A dealer fairly close has a '10 Hammer 8 Ball and a '12 Hammer S. Both are new (leftover) w/ warranty. I really want black but I also noticed the 8 Ball has a smaller engine, no tach and different brakes. Is this anything to be concerned with? I can get the 8 Ball for around $7,000 after trade-in. I was thinking about getting the 8 Ball and having them put on different exhaust and adding a tach. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't the '10 8 Ball have a 100 ci motor and the '12 (on up) have 106 ci? I know it's not a big difference but the '10 is a 5 speed where as the newer ones are 6 speeds. Shouldn't matter too much as my current bike is a 5 speed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts