Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new member, .....just signed up here cause I am seriously considering buying a Victory this year and figured where better to get some valuable input than the Victory Forum. Thinking of a XCT....
thoughts.... comments....suggestions please

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome aboard , cant go wrong with a Vic !cheers

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Welcome. I did this too before even taking a test ride. I wanted to be sure I wasn't about to buy my way into a lot of repairs and maintenance. And I didn't.
If you intended to do a lot of long distance, multi-day touring, by all means, the XCT is the PERFECT bike for that. Anything less, get a lesser model. I began two up LD touring on the late 70s and had large touring bikes for that purpose. But now I am riding LD mostly solo and two up just regionally, so the XR is perfect for me. I like its lower CG due to 20 fewer pounds on the handle bars and greater ease of getting it off the side stand. I also like that I can remove the windshield when it gets hot out and that I can pop on the passenger back rest and rack in mere seconds. I have a large rack bag for two up and a smaller one for solo road trips. That gives me more capacity than I had in my last full boat tourer, which was a first gen Yamaha Venture. And those had more case volume than any other bike in its day. So you might say that I appreciate the ability to convert my XR to whatever I need it for in just a few moments, from a grocery getter to a cross continent hauler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
personaly I like the xr better....however the other half, who does ride frequently with me, wants the large backrest that you can only get with the truck and the arm rests..... so looking at the xct

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
personaly I like the xr better....however the other half, who does ride frequently with me, wants the large backrest that you can only get with the truck and the arm rests..... so looking at the xct
Yes, you definitely want to keep the pillion happy.cheers

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
The XCT trunk is an accessory for all Cross bikes, including the XR. ;)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If you are looking at the CCT for the comfy seat and backrest, you need to ride a Vision too. Be sure to take the test ride twice, the second time with her on the back. She may have definite opinions about the ride quality of one over the other.

·
Registered
784 Posts
What's the current ride?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts