Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all,
A quick intro - I've been riding for 30 years and have always owned the Asian brand bikes. I recently sold two of my four bikes and intended on buying a 2010 Kawasaki C-14 Concours or Connie but then I stopped by a Victory dealer and saw a 2010 Vision 8 Ball. Damn, that is a sharp bike and the new Cross Country is pretty sharp too. The balance of the Vision impressed me as well as the ergos. At 6'2", 240 lbs. I just felt at home right away.
So why not buy it? My style of riding is nothing like what the Vision offers. I currently ride a '08 CBR1000RR and '07 RWB VFR and they both handle like a dream but 5-6 hours in the saddle has me feeling every one of my 47 years. So here are a few questions and I'm sorry if they have been beat to death. If I go the route of the Vision, I will post up pics ASAP. Thanks for the advice, 2-4-Life

Reliability - How do the Victory bikes hold up?
Happy riders? Overall, are you glad you bought a Victory and would you do it again?
Service needs - How is the servicing prices?
Any Vision 8 Ball owners want to pass along some advice?

Thanks again gang! thumb up

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the VF.

Victory's are pretty much bullet proof.

Adjustments? I laugh at you sir! LOL Pretty much non existent.

Oil change (tranny and engine share the oil), tires, and you are done.

Put in a set of cams and Lloydz intake plate and a tuner with an exhaust and your going to notice a big HP and TQ jump.

Personally I don't have a Vision but everyone I've talked to and heard from LOVES theirs!

Of course you won't get the crotch rocket performance and handling but the Vision IMO is the closest to a tour/sport bike combo you can get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the VF.

Victory's are pretty much bullet proof.

Adjustments? I laugh at you sir! LOL Pretty much non existent.

Oil change (tranny and engine share the oil), tires, and you are done.

Put in a set of cams and Lloydz intake plate and a tuner with an exhaust and your going to notice a big HP and TQ jump.

Personally I don't have a Vision but everyone I've talked to and heard from LOVES theirs!

Of course you won't get the crotch rocket performance and handling but the Vision IMO is the closest to a tour/sport bike combo you can get.
I am amazed that service is non-existent. BMWs and Ducatis are service intensive and most japanese bikes require 16K valve adjustments. Hydraulic lifters where around years ago on the old Honda Nighthawk 700 and a buddy of mine loved his. So basically, you are saying keep the oil changed and gas in it and it takes care of itself. Awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
That is EXACTLY what I am saying.

The only other maintenance is the typical, tires, brake pads and final drive belt.
Don't forget cable maintanance, and fork oil at 15K. These bike truely are among the best out there for ease of service and reliability

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
On top of what Kevin is saying it is very easy to do all the maintenance yourself. I am all thumbs when it comes to wrenching but I service my bike very easily!!

FYI, KevinX is our resident Victory mechanic. Kevin is highly regarded as one of if not that Victory authority. He will be a wealth of knowledge for any questions you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news

On top of what Kevin is saying it is very easy to do all the maintenance yourself. I am all thumbs when it comes to wrenching but I service my bike very easily!!

FYI, KevinX is our resident Victory mechanic. Kevin is highly regarded as one of if not that Victory authority. He will be a wealth of knowledge for any questions you have.
It sounds like good news. I do all my own maintenance such as oil/filter changes and chain maitenance so it sounds like a Vision may be in my future. I changed the oil on my VFR yesterday and believe me, it is a PITA. Why would Honda design a bike with the oil filter in such a location?
Is there any similar issues on the Vision? You know, take off the fairings to check the air pressures; type issues. Thanks, John

·
Registered
163 Posts
It sounds like good news. I do all my own maintenance such as oil/filter changes and chain maitenance so it sounds like a Vision may be in my future. I changed the oil on my VFR yesterday and believe me, it is a PITA. Why would Honda design a bike with the oil filter in such a location?
Is there any similar issues on the Vision? You know, take off the fairings to check the air pressures; type issues. Thanks, John
2wheels, I have an '09 Vision and trust ME I don't normally do my own wrenching, but with the Vision it is a piece of cake...Oil changes are simple, checking air pressure is fairly easy...The rear wheel air valve is hard to get to but not impossible...You won't have to disassemble anything to do basic maintenance on a Vision. I let the dealer change my fork oil, but other than that I do the rest!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts