Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am in the Daytona/Orlando Florida area and have decided to trade in my HD Sportster for a Victory.

So, I have gone back and forth, had the pen in my hand to buy a Triumph Thunderbird last week and backed out, but my mind is now made up, I am buying a Victory Cross Country Havasu Red.

I am now down to negotiating price. Could someone, or everyone, give me your idea of what the floor would be for the price of one? I am spending a little more than I originally planned to get exactly what I want, so it's important not to spend any more than I absolutely have to.

I have only talked hard numbers with one dealer, so I am trying to get an idea of how close he is to the "ideal" price.

Also does anyone know of an internet friendly "low price" dealer in the south east? I am in Florida but wouldn't be adverse to traveling a little to pick up the right deal.

I am buying anytime between tomorrow and the end of July (at the latest) so any advice that can help me on the price would be greatly appreciated.

(Also I am getting the XC because I want the two up seating and locking bags, I am getting the Red because I really want ABS, if anyone wants to tell me why I REALLY should get another model I am all ears).

Thanks. (I did try posting this in the Cross Country forum but apparently since I am new I cannot post there?).

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
How about a used XC? You can find low mileage ones for sure. Do you want the XC or the Cross Country Tour (XCT)? The latter comes with hard lowers, trunk, and some other accessories. As for price, I can't help you as I never buy new vehicles. I prefer to buy lightly used and let someone else take the major initial depreciation hit. Your bike, your call but consider a used bike. You will get a lot more for the money. Probably could but a used XCT for the price of a new XC.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vinish, I actually don't care for the touring gear, I would rather have the bike without the touring extras.

It's an informed decision, I keep vehicles until they fall apart as a general rule, so I don't mind the initial depreciation on something I will have for the next 10+ years.

·
12,970 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Johnny, I just don't care for the touring stuff, and plan to keep the bike long term, so resale is not so much of an issue if I still own the bike when I die of old age :) (my widow can curse me for the lower resale). Yeah I am fine with buying used, or a new 2015, in fact I am going to start looking in that direction as well. I am aiming to buy around the end of July so I have plenty of time to work with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Mike. I found that bike earlier and am going to take a look today, it's about 15 minutes from my house.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clarification on Price

Just to clarify, the real numbers I am being offered look like this, for a 2016 Havasu Red XC, no options:

1. $18,999 "Top Line" Price for new motorcycle
  2. - $700 for giving me $7,200 trade value on a book value bike of $6,500
  3. + $699.01 dealer fee
  4. - $1,000 Military Veteran's discount from Victory
So the real bottom line price to me is $17,899 with $1,000 of the discount coming from a factory rebate program.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on how much room the dealer has to move on these bikes and how that price stacks up with what others have seen/paid.

And of course by putting it out here I am hopefully helping someone else who has the same questions.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
From what I've read anyway you can't unhook the 02 sensors on the 2016 like you can the 2015 and earlier when you do performance mods.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Perhaps consider a used Crossroad then...minimal gear & lower price .........

I bought my 2012 in early spring 2014 , 5000 mi , for bout $7000 under new. And it had heated seat, upgraded exhaust, and road-lamps. That's a few bucks in accessories.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts