Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As requested, this is my first post on the forum. While not new to riding, am new to Victory. My first ride on a bike was in 1953 perched on the saddle, in front of my cousin Bill. It was on the brand new, chartreuse green Hydra Glide he bought upon returning from Korea. That was it, I was in love with motorsickles.

My first scoot was a 1947 Knucklehead I bought while I was still in high school. Bought it for $200 and sold it a year and a half later when my grades slipped and mom told dad to tell me it had to go. Got $250 for it, so it wasn't all bad. Have ridden my own or others scoots off and on ever since. After a long hiatus from riding I got back on the road with a used Sporty in '03. In '06 I treated myself for a 'highpoint' birthday with a brand new HD Deluxe which I promptly retro'd out to look as much as possible like my cousin's Hydra Glide.

After 57,000 miles on the Deluxe (which included several long distance trips including Eureka Springs three times, SanAntonio last year and Sturgis this year) I decided it was time for something a little more suited to touring. I narrowed it down to one of three: a Street Glide, a Chieftain or a Cross Country.

And.............the winner is............2014 Cross Country :ride:

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Welcome from CT. Please note, it's 2 posts/replies, not 2 threads. One more and you're in the club! :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome. Just reply 1 more time to unlock the rest of the forum. It's an anti SPAM bot measure.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Seems like I should know you..

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
So Mr Doo what do you think of the Vic so far?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Well, you have found a touring quality ride with the Cross Country.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Mr Doo what do you think of the Vic so far?
Just took it in last week for the 500 mi. (625 actual) check-up/service before leaving for a long weekend in Seattle. My initial observations are that it amounted to buying a Street Glide without having to put all the extra money into it to get it to where it should have been the day I picked it up. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Just took it in last week for the 500 mi. (625 actual) check-up/service before leaving for a long weekend in Seattle. My initial observations are that it amounted to buying a Street Glide without having to put all the extra money into it to get it to where it should have been the day I picked it up. :cool:
Kind of nice isn't it. If you do mod the bike you'll be surprised at the performance gains you get with little $$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts