Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Adam, I've been lurking for a couple months now and have been enjoying the community! I have a 2008 Jackpot that i bought new and have loved every mile. I recently bought my wife an 04 Dyna Super Glide so that we can enjoy the hobby together and ultimately have something we are both passionate about and want to do together! We had looked at trading in the Jackpot on a new Indian Chieftan Darkhorse, but i couldn't pull the trigger. My wife actually urged me to keep my Victory and add the Chieftan to our stable next year!!

As you can see I'm not a hater of any of the American motorcycle brands and enjoy talking bikes with people! Anyways, just wanted to say hello and thanks for being a great community!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome from southern Oregon

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Evan a retired Canadian Forces Veteran of 24 years and I'm from Petawawa Ontario Canada who just joined the forum, I own a 2011 Cross Country that I love, 6 years old 85000 km (52817 miles), it's done Tail of the Dragon and Rolling Thunder in Washington to name a couple of rides. Looking towards the future, will any 106 engine from any model swap into my ride and is there anything else I need to do or is it a straight swap? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Welcome from Tulsa!

Skin

·
Registered
426 Posts
By the way, I'm in Milwaukee, WI
Im about 20 mins from the border south of Lake Geneva in Illinois. I ride quite a bit in Wisconsin, looking at hit the Rte 33 from Reedsville to Rochester soon, "lil Deals Gap" they call it.

But I'm up near Waukesha area quite a bit too. Let me know when you're up for a run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im about 20 mins from the border south of Lake Geneva in Illinois. I ride quite a bit in Wisconsin, looking at hit the Rte 33 from Reedsville to Rochester soon, "lil Deals Gap" they call it.

But I'm up near Waukesha area quite a bit too. Let me know when you're up for a run.
Nice to meet you Kurbs! I live in West Allis. Let me know when you are doing route 33!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice to meet you Kurbs! I live in West Allis. Let me know when you are doing route 33!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I usually run 12-43 and skip the city altogether. But NP, let me know even if you're up for a run anywhere that way. if I'm free we can meet anywhere up that way.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm Evan a retired Canadian Forces Veteran of 24 years and I'm from Petawawa Ontario Canada who just joined the forum, I own a 2011 Cross Country that I love, 6 years old 85000 km (52817 miles), it's done Tail of the Dragon and Rolling Thunder in Washington to name a couple of rides. Looking towards the future, will any 106 engine from any model swap into my ride and is there anything else I need to do or is it a straight swap? Thanks in advance.
Hello and welcome

I'm no expert but i reckon the 106 lump is very same across the range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome Adam, I'm new here myself and I like to say your wife sounds awesome!
I picked up a 03 Victory not long ago and it wasn't even my second choice. I wanted a Harley but a friend (and Harley owner) recommended I take a look at Victory. Glad he did great bike and great price!

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
My name is Adam, I've been lurking for a couple months now and have been enjoying the community! I have a 2008 Jackpot that i bought new and have loved every mile. I recently bought my wife an 04 Dyna Super Glide so that we can enjoy the hobby together and ultimately have something we are both passionate about and want to do together! We had looked at trading in the Jackpot on a new Indian Chieftan Darkhorse, but i couldn't pull the trigger. My wife actually urged me to keep my Victory and add the Chieftan to our stable next year!!

As you can see I'm not a hater of any of the American motorcycle brands and enjoy talking bikes with people! Anyways, just wanted to say hello and thanks for being a great community!
First of all WELCOME to this super sonic forum...

second of all, the jackpot is super Awsome... Í got one too...

Third of all, the Indian, or any Indian I think it has an aluminum frame, same as a Cross Country ( got one too) .. I would strongly suggest to test ride before you get rid of your jackpot .. Let's say your standing still and shake your handlebars left and right on a aluminum or steel frame bike....

Your decision and feeling....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts