Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 08 I almost bought a Kingpin 8-ball. I always liked the Pin. Instead I bought a 1600 Vulcan that was nothing but trouble. A year later I traded it on a 2010 Heritage that, while boring, was reliable and trouble free for as long as I owned it, five years. Last year I traded it on a CVO Road King, a beautiful and powerful bike. However the payments are killing me. So I may be joining you Victory owners soon, but for now I'd like to join your forum. I respect anyone who rides, and I appreciate, but don't necessarily like, all kinds of bikes (off-road and dual sports specifically don't appeal to me). I'm hoping this forum helps me make a decision if I do find some possible Victory prospects. I'm hoping for something new. Maybe a leftover to get the best deal, and I'm hoping Vic brings back some of those great financing deals they've had in the past. Of course I'll need to sell the CVO if I can't trade it. Ride safe all.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Welcome!

Keep your eyes open. I just scored my 2012 XC for $12,750!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Back in 08 I almost bought a Kingpin 8-ball. I always liked the Pin. Instead I bought a 1600 Vulcan that was nothing but trouble. A year later I traded it on a 2010 Heritage that, while boring, was reliable and trouble free for as long as I owned it, five years. Last year I traded it on a CVO Road King, a beautiful and powerful bike. However the payments are killing me. So I may be joining you Victory owners soon, but for now I'd like to join your forum. I respect anyone who rides, and I appreciate, but don't necessarily like, all kinds of bikes (off-road and dual sports specifically don't appeal to me). I'm hoping this forum helps me make a decision if I do find some possible Victory prospects. I'm hoping for something new. Maybe a leftover to get the best deal, and I'm hoping Vic brings back some of those great financing deals they've had in the past. Of course I'll need to sell the CVO if I can't trade it. Ride safe all.
Welcome! I was looking at a 08 CVO Screamin Eagle Ultra Glide for the longest time... I almost bought but came across a 2014 Cross County Tour with 8800 miles for a steal and still under warranty. I did notice that 1) there weren't many CCT in my area and had to drive 300 miles to pickup one and 2) all the Harley's I was looking at then are still for sale. I'm thinking (at least in my area) bikes aren't moving like they used to so might be a good time to deal. The the price I payed I was willing to drive a little. I do think that on the east coast and mid-west there are more Victorys for sale than here on the west coast so you should have your pick.

And BTW.... I'm loving the CCT. Lots of power and I love the fact that the engines are built to last so no worries about oil leaks, cam chain adjustments, etc, etc. I will say that I wish these bikes had a little more "bling" stock. As I sit here typing in my garage I'm looking at my CCT and notice lots of black plastic parts and things I think could have been given a metal piece vs. a flimsy plastic part but for the price I'm willing to paint, replace and remove parts as needed to make it more my style... it's just gonna cut into my drinkin money! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts