Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

After a month of agonizing, I escaped the Mesa AZ Victory dealer with a Vision Tour yesterday. Spent the day running errands with my wife on board. put 100 miles on it. A fine machine, really. A lot of "well dones" as I ride it and a few "WTF's" (Why The Face). I've owned a wide variety of big bikes including Goldwings and Ventures, and my current (for sale) Harley Road King.

They are parked side by side right now in the garage, the comparison is bizarre and shocking - two black and chrome machines from entirely different era's - epochs even. One, an Edwardian era thing that harkens to the time of huge steam engines, with hissing sounds, plain bearings and a plenitude of grease and odd - variable mechanical quirks. The other, clearly a spaceship - was apparently delivered by Martians after a QC inspection by Venusions (the same alien beings teamed for early Saabs and Citroens).

The roominess and not-too-homogenized engine team up to make a fine ride. I'm pleased to have it and I would recommend this as the perfect combination of the modern and retro in a motorcycle. The aggressive styling grows on me daily.

:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on the new Vision!

I just bought my all black 2012 Vision last Saturday and traded in my 2000 Royal Star Venture. I don't think I will miss carburators! Now if the rain would only clear out I'd like to burn a tank of gas. Enjoy your new ride into the future.thumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats to both of you. I am perfectly fine with the bike not suiting everyone's taste. I like being one of a few visionaries in our area. Lol. First I swore I would never ride a bike like this and a year later I owned one. Lol. Couple notes. Pressure in the shock is a must to adjust properly and maintain for the best enjoyment on this bike. Could not tell you how many times a compliant on handling or rear tire cupping was fixed by adjusting the shock.
Next, if you didn't think wind management could get any better think again. A flip shield really improves the flow for the pinion as well as the. Rider enjoying lowering the shield for a better view or diverting air. Off the hands. Drop the shield where the notch on each side just ducks below your fairing and hand will stay warmer or drier.

Welcome to the forums, plenty of info in the vision group and ask questions if you got them. A lot of help available.

Safe riding

Tim

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Let's see a pic of both bikes together :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice comparison of the bikes and welcome to the future.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats to both of you. I am perfectly fine with the bike not suiting everyone's taste. I like being one of a few visionaries in our area. Lol. First I swore I would never ride a bike like this and a year later I owned one. Lol. Couple notes. Pressure in the shock is a must to adjust properly and maintain for the best enjoyment on this bike. Could not tell you how many times a compliant on handling or rear tire cupping was fixed by adjusting the shock.
Next, if you didn't think wind management could get any better think again. A flip shield really improves the flow for the pinion as well as the. Rider enjoying lowering the shield for a better view or diverting air. Off the hands. Drop the shield where the notch on each side just ducks below your fairing and hand will stay warmer or drier.

Welcome to the forums, plenty of info in the vision group and ask questions if you got them. A lot of help available.

Safe riding

Tim
Thanks! And thanks for the windshield tip...could you elaborate? I am 6'5", but moreover, my wife is still getting buffeting in the back with the stock (medium?) windscreen extended. What height/size are you using with the flip? Where is that height/size measured from? Vendor recommendations? Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome aboard!! cheerscheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Search the vision forum here for 7Jurock flip windscreen. We discussed it quite a bit. I don't ride 2 up often and am 5'9" so went with a flip 15. Your stick screen is 17 or 17.5 but adding the flip really changed the bubble. Their light grey tint is nice too. Only caution I would say about a flip is the distortion may bug you for a bit if your used to looking through the top of the screen. May not eve be an issue for you height.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome & enjoy your new spaceship. Please do not apply "warp" speed until broken in! :ltr:
You might give some serious thought to installing lower air deflectors. They provide extra warmth in winter & cool down your legs & thighs in summer! The VV does have noticeably more heat than a lot of bikes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts