Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Been a long time Victory admirer, but never actually owned or rode one. I joined today to ask questions and to educate myself on my next Vegas 8 Ball purchase. As a person with a prosthetic device on my right foot, the height of the ride is of utmost importance for safety reasons. Today I sat on my first Victory and it is exactly what I wanted but will have to work on bringing the pegs rearward a bit. It's been a while since I sat on a bike but I usually conquer my fears and see my plans through... so here I am!!

Thanks for having me guys and gals,

Lev cheers

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Welcome Matyoka. Are you buying new or used? The Vegas 8ball is pretty popular. I have a few friends that ride them and a couple more that traded up. Did you go to Victory of Mesa for the. Demo rides last Friday or Saturday?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Tarzan and thanks for the warm welcome!!! Until yesterday I was looking at Ducatis and finally realized that no matter what I would do(dog bone rod/shaving the seat)... would not be able to reach the 25 inch ride height. Today I came across an 8 ball on Craigslist and saw the bike. It's a beauty, well taken care off and ready to ride!!! ONLY, I can't reach the brake and shift levers, but I am working on it :).

I went to the Mesa dealer today to inquire about shortening the foot-pegs and they did offer a 1.25 inch modification kit. Not sure if that is enough but it's a good start.

Thanks again for the hello!!

Lev

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
And here she is:

Quick pics of the Vegas:

This one from the first contact:

and with the highway pegs, cargo thingy removed and the Judge mid-mounts installed...

I don't like the Mustang saddle and looking for a stock Vegas 8 ball seat if anyone has one collecting dust... Also will be selling the highway bar/peg system, they are very solid and an expensive brand ($499.00 retail).

Thanks for looking,

Lev

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Konga, appreciate the welcome.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a chance that someone might want to swap exhausts with me? I like the slash curved dual exhaust a LOT more than what I have installed.

Something like this bad boy:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome

Great looking scooter and welcome to the Victory clan.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks AC :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Coffee and Bikes

I will be in the valley 2-4 May. If you have time I will buy you a cup of coffee at Echo Coffee, the owner rides a Victory, they roast it right in the store.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a bad idea and great place to meet fellow Vic riders. Shoot me an email whenever in the vicinity thumb up

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Quick pics of the Vegas:

I don't like the Mustang saddle and looking for a stock Vegas 8 ball seat if anyone has one collecting dust... Also will be selling the highway bar/peg system, they are very solid and an expensive brand ($499.00 retail).

Thanks for looking,

Lev
p.m. me I have my stock seat off of my 04 Vegas I could part with if it fits.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vindex,

Appreciate the offer. Found the driver/passenger with backrests from a fellow member.

Thanks for your time.

Lev

1 - 15 of 15 Posts