Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from Atlanta, GA here. I currently don't own a Victory, but I'm strongly considering one - Vegas, Gunner, Hammer - as my next bike. Looking forward to a test ride towards the end of the month. Currently on a Suzuki M50. Looks like a fun community here.

The biggest drawback seems to be that there are so few used Victory machines on the market because you owners are so attached to them. If that's not a huge selling point, I don't know what is.

·
12,984 Posts
don't be afraid to travel some to find what you want

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a 2013 Suzuki M50 in 2014, traded it in and got a 2015 Gunner last April. Great bike, really like it. I've had no problems to date.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :smile

don't be afraid to travel some to find what you want
I'm lucky to have a couple of Victory dealerships within 30 miles. I've been told about dealership in South Carolina that deals in used Victory motorcycles (supposedly more than other dealerships) but each time I check their web site around used inventory they have 1-2 Victory machines, if any.

I had a 2013 Suzuki M50 in 2014, traded it in and got a 2015 Gunner last April. Great bike, really like it. I've had no problems to date.
Thanks - good to hear of others going from the M50 or Volusia to a Victory and liking the transition. I've been able to sit on number of Victory bikes at the showroom. I've never sat on a bike that just screams "you fit" like the Vegas does (I'm 5'10" at 200lbs)

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
My Vegas fits me perfect,
I've racked up just on 50,000 miles in a little over 2 years of going the long way home.
Ride one and you'll be smitten.

Oh yeah and Welcome!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Taking a first test ride on a Victory tomorrow - in this case a 2012 Kingpin. Feel like a 5-year old on Christmas eve waiting for Santa ... :smile

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta

Welcome to the forum UnMonkey. I'm up on the north side of Atlanta. Be prepared to ride home on that Vic. I visited the local dealer a couple times and looked, then my buddy wanted to test ride the Hardball when it came out so, I went with him. Once we got there he talked me into taking a test ride with him so, I picked the XCT....and the rest is history. I wasn't even thinking about getting another bike at the time. Love my Vic. If you ride one, you'll own one. thumb up

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Enjoy the ride mate, dont lug it they love to rev! And be firm and positive shifting gears.
Oh and don't blip the throttle going back to first gear.
Have fun and yeah my money is on you riding it home!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts