Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well originally i was purchasing a Jackpot but that fell through. Picked up an 06 Vegas 8 ball w/ hammer bars, chrome wheels, and swept pipes. Still getting used to driving (new at this) but i think i made the right purchase.

Tomorrow, putting on the lowering (1.5 in) links.

Will post pics then.

Craig

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And another thing, thanks to everybody who provides the knowledge on these bikes. I have learned alot of good info just from reading the forums!!!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well originally i was purchasing a Jackpot but that fell through. Picked up an 06 Vegas 8 ball w/ hammer bars, chrome wheels, and swept pipes. Still getting used to driving (new at this) but i think i made the right purchase.

Tomorrow, putting on the lowering (1.5 in) links.

Will post pics then.

Craig
Welcome to the Forum Craig. There is a heap of knowledge here and everyone wants to help everyone else.
Also congrats on the new ride.:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the forum. On the 06 you will need to modify the front sprocket cover and the top belt cover. Look on here for directions. I purchased a Jackpot with lowering links already on it. I will be riding 2up 50% of the time and I would like to put on the stock links if you can part with them after your mod. IM me

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome to the forum. On the 06 you will need to modify the front sprocket cover and the top belt cover. Look on here for directions. I purchased a Jackpot with lowering links already on it. I will be riding 2up 50% of the time and I would like to put on the stock links if you can part with them after your mod. IM me
Don't forget moving wire harness to one side above rear wheel....or ya might chew up with tire and burn up ACM.

BTW....Welcome from Katy Texas.cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey RoadWarrior,

Thanks for the info. Check back with me next week and i'll make sure i like the ride after lowered. I prob wouldn't mind parting with the stock ones. Also, i have a set of 3 in bones that the seller gave to me if anybody needs them???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NOEMTZ,

Thank you, have been looking at your bike and web page. You should be hearing from me pretty soon to order a few things!!!!!! Your bike is an inspiration (if only i had more $$$$$$)

So, for the lowering part:

Modify front sprocket (details please)
Modify top belt cover (again, i'm new to this)
Move wire harness to the side (i think i can figure that one out)

I am having a cycle shop do the install but just wanted to make sure of all this info...cheerscheerscheers

Don't forget moving wire harness to one side above rear wheel....or ya might chew up with tire and burn up ACM.

BTW....Welcome from Katy Texas.cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts

LONGER BRACKET

WIRE RELOCATION (ALL BE IT A LITTLE OVERKILL)

SOMETIMES THE FOOTREST WILL RUB

SEAT NUT-PLATE NOT USUALLY A PROBLEM

FILE DOWN THE UPPER BACK MOST SCREW SLEEVE

NOT SHOWN IS THE BELT GUARD WHICH NEEDS THE FRONT INCH GROUND OFF OF IT, OR REMOVE IT COMPLETELY

I cannot take credit for the pictures in this post. They were compiled from other posts on this site. Credit goes to Tom, Diamondrmp and others for their work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, thanks Roadwarrior!!!!! Again, check back with me next week about the stock bones...

LONGER BRACKET

WIRE RELOCATION (ALL BE IT A LITTLE OVERKILL)

SOMETIMES THE FOOTREST WILL RUB

SEAT NUT-PLATE NOT USUALLY A PROBLEM

FILE DOWN THE UPPER BACK MOST SCREW SLEEVE

NOT SHOWN IS THE BELT GUARD WHICH NEEDS THE FRONT INCH GROUND OFF OF IT, OR REMOVE IT COMPLETELY

I cannot take credit for the pictures in this post. They were compiled from other posts on this site. Credit goes to Tom, Diamondrmp and others for their work.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
NOEMTZ,

Thank you, have been looking at your bike and web page. You should be hearing from me pretty soon to order a few things!!!!!! Your bike is an inspiration (if only i had more $$$$$$)

So, for the lowering part:

Modify front sprocket (details please)
Modify top belt cover (again, i'm new to this)
Move wire harness to the side (i think i can figure that one out)

I am having a cycle shop do the install but just wanted to make sure of all this info...cheerscheerscheers
THANKS!cheerscheerscheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a few pics of my 06 Vegas 8 ball

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts