Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill here. Picked up a 2005 Kingpin last summer, only had 4,000 miles on it. Loving the bike so far and am just beginning that expensive and endless process of customizing her and making her my own. Her name's River. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

Anyway, I've been lurking for some time but thought I'd finally jump in because I am sure to have a lot of questions and look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers! cheers

·
Registered
454 Posts
Bill here. Picked up a 2005 Kingpin last summer, only had 4,000 miles on it. Loving the bike so far and am just beginning that expensive and endless process of customizing her and making her my own. Her name's River. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

Anyway, I've been lurking for some time but thought I'd finally jump in because I am sure to have a lot of questions and look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers! cheers
Welcome to the forum. cheers

PS. If think that Victorys are expensive try buying Harley parts, you will be grateful that our parts are 1/3 less.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I sailed to boston a few times last year. My favourite American city (that I sail to anyway). I have heard Halifax and Boston called sister cities. Don't know if thats true, but we give you that big ass christmas tree, so thats something.

Cheers

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I sailed to boston a few times last year. My favourite American city (that I sail to anyway). I have heard Halifax and Boston called sister cities. Don't know if thats true, but we give you that big ass christmas tree, so thats something.

Cheers
Big ass Christmas tree...That's what she said.:D

Welcome from Central PA.cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Bill, What parts are you going to change first?
I've already changed the seat out to the Mustang wide touring 2 piece but it's been too cold to really take it out for a good, long test. I'm hoping to take some long trips on it this summer so I'm looking at hard bags next. I like the looks of the tsukayu strongs but I'm not sure about how they'll fit with the stage 1 slip-ons that came on the bike. So may have to change THOSE out just to get the bags (RPW Thor 2>1?).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Cheers
Yep! We LOVE that tree each year and it's such a great tradition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum. cheers

PS. If think that Victorys are expensive try buying Harley parts, you will be grateful that our parts are 1/3 less.
One of the biggest reasons why I chose Victory over HD. I didn't want to spend all my hard earned money on repairs and overpriced parts. I wanted something reliable so I could put that money toward more fun upgrades and trips. I'm thrilled with my choice, and I get lots of comments about what a good looking bike it is and how it's not like every other Harley you see on the roads.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Greetings, from another Bostonian.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome from So-Cal. I love my '05 kingpin.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've already changed the seat out to the Mustang wide touring 2 piece but it's been too cold to really take it out for a good, long test. I'm hoping to take some long trips on it this summer so I'm looking at hard bags next. I like the looks of the tsukayu strongs but I'm not sure about how they'll fit with the stage 1 slip-ons that came on the bike. So may have to change THOSE out just to get the bags (RPW Thor 2>1?).
I have those bags. I like them alot.pretty roomy. good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
640 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts