Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time metric standard/sport motorcycle owner, looking to add something more comfortable for 2-up touring that is also bullet proof and looks great.

My uncle and cousin have been long time Victory enthusiasts, my Uncle has logged over 150,000 miles on 2 Victory V92TC's! The first V92, a 1999 has over 100,000 miles on it right now and the engine has never been opened up for service! You can't get that kind of reliability from another manufacturer. I'm sold!

I am searching for that perfect Victory for my needs and I believe that to be the 2006-2008 Kingpin Deluxe/Tour. I have a budget of $9,000.
I'm a short guy (5'8") so the 26.5" seat height on the Kingpin sounds good to me. I would definitely want the 2006+ as I hear that 6 speed OD transmission really helps smoothness and fuel economy on the highway.

Looking for any and all advice that this forum can give me on my search! cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and best of luck in your quest to find a KP! Keep in mind that Cycle Trader has a lot of bikes listed and shipping a bike may cost a bit but may get you more bike for your buck.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome fellow Virginian from Hampton Roads! I'm with Ammo on Cycletrader.com, thats where I found mine and the filters work great at refining it. Sounds like you got the hard work knocked out by figuring out what bike you want. Only tip I could give is don't be scared if it has 20k on it. I picked up my 04TC late september with 22K on it, not a moment down time that was not scheduled other than a leaking fork seal I was hoping would hold out a couple more months. I would expand your search into southern MD as well as down here in Hampton roads. There are 2 Vic dealers that are doing well up there, Coleman power sports in Woodbridge south DC and 2 down here. My thoughts are 5 dealers, got to be some used bikes in the area as well for sale by owner. Hit craigs list too. If you find something down this way give me a shout if you want me to go take a gander at it for ya.

good luck on your SOON to be Purchase! Keep us posted!

Tim

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome fellow Virginian from Hampton Roads! I'm with Ammo on Cycletrader.com, thats where I found mine and the filters work great at refining it. Sounds like you got the hard work knocked out by figuring out what bike you want. Only tip I could give is don't be scared if it has 20k on it. I picked up my 04TC late september with 22K on it, not a moment down time that was not scheduled other than a leaking fork seal I was hoping would hold out a couple more months. I would expand your search into southern MD as well as down here in Hampton roads. There are 2 Vic dealers that are doing well up there, Coleman power sports in Woodbridge south DC and 2 down here. My thoughts are 5 dealers, got to be some used bikes in the area as well for sale by owner. Hit craigs list too. If you find something down this way give me a shout if you want me to go take a gander at it for ya.

good luck on your SOON to be Purchase! Keep us posted!

Tim

Thanks for the information. I have no problem traveling across several state lines to pick up the right bike! I'd drive as far as Ohio or Georgia if I have to.

I'm in Culpeper County about 30 miles west of Fredericksburg, VA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts