Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought myself a 2012 Vegas 8 Ball. Other than the fact I am having a hard time typing because my hands are frozen solid, love the bike so far.

It's been 5 years since I rode and the last bike was an 800cc Suzuki Volusia, so this is a big step up.

Anywho, I paid $11,480 before taxes etc. Seems to be a good price considering the MSRP? After getting hit with taxes and such (have to love Chicago/Cook County)... came out to 13 and change.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS...

Already bought a new seat so the ladies can hitch a ride. Next up will be getting rid of the plate setup along with turn signals. Then going to be doing exhaust/intake/programming.

I see there are quite a few options on exhaust. Victory tried selling me their "Stage 1 kit" but from what I've seen on YouTube, it seems pretty tame. Is programming something that can be done by a DIY'er? I don't currently have a wide-band.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Freeport. Nice choice of bike. Where did you buy it from?
There's a Victory/Suzuki dealer in Carol Stream IL. Seem like decent guys. I was in between this and a Harley Wide Glide. This just seemed so much more comfortable to me and the price didn't hurt my wallet nearly as much either :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Hope to see you around town!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello ChiTownVegas and welcome to the Forum.

There's northing like the smell of a new bike. Enjoy it and safe riding and don't be a stranger here as it's a great Forum.thumb up

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey man I have a new 2012 vegas 8 ball too! Barely a week old. You should check out "ripper custom exhaust" that is their actual website name but anyways they were cheap, and you can see a youtube review on them and they sound pretty beefy! On their web site they also have a comparison of a stock exhaust and one of their products and they claim that it will increase torque and HP. Check it out!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey man I have a new 2012 vegas 8 ball too! Barely a week old. You should check out "ripper custom exhaust" that is their actual website name but anyways they were cheap, and you can see a youtube review on them and they sound pretty beefy! On their web site they also have a comparison of a stock exhaust and one of their products and they claim that it will increase torque and HP. Check it out!
I've heard mixed reviews on duals so far. Some are saying that a 2-1 setup is better for performance. If it is minimal, I think that a 2-2 would probably sound better.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the new bike! Hope to see you around town!
What are you running for exhaust? Any shops around here that know these bikes well?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Honestly man I want that dual swept look and a beefy sound. I'm military and I live in base housing...with that said I want to piss people off when I get up early to head out to PT.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly man I want that dual swept look and a beefy sound. I'm military and I live in base housing...with that said I want to piss people off when I get up early to head out to PT.
haha... I was stationed at Benning for awhile back in the day. That being said, I want performance first... sound second. If there is a minimal difference between the two for performance, I will def go with the duals.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sounds like a great price... did it come with tires?

:p
LOL... is it that good? They also tossed in a cheapy hat and glasses.

·
Registered
383 Posts
What are you running for exhaust? Any shops around here that know these bikes well?
I made my own exhaust setup for my Cross Roads using the original pipes. I doubt you can do that with a Vegas. If you need any work head back to your dealer or Randy's Cycle in Marengo. I don't know of any shops in the immediate area who work on Vics.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I made my own exhaust setup for my Cross Roads using the original pipes. I doubt you can do that with a Vegas. If you need any work head back to your dealer or Randy's Cycle in Marengo. I don't know of any shops in the immediate area who work on Vics.
I've heard a ton of good stuff about Randy's and it doesn't seem like the dealer I bought the bike from knows a ton about the bike.... so probably going to make the trip out to Randy's on Tuesday

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fellow Vegas 8-Baller in Chicago

Hey, I recently bought my 2012 Vegas 8-Ball from Carol Stream Victory/Suzuki too. That's about what I paid also. Did most of the wheeling/dealing over the phone before making the trip out of the city. Spoke with Larry on the phone several times and sealed the deal with Tim in person. I may have seen the same Wide Glide on their floor, with the flame tank. It was pretty but it's no Victory. thumb up

Still have the stock pipes but I'm shopping for replacements. Everything I've read so far indicates that 2-into-1 pipes provide the best performance gains. I have to admit that the X-Bow and the other Cobra clone pipes look very sharp on this bike. Unfortunately, it seems that nearly everybody else does too because so many people choose them so I am looking into alternatives. In addition, I want a little more ground clearance than that style offers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts