Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Vegas
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago the wife and I moved to the Western Slope of Colorado. We are living in a small, country town of only 500 people. We are loving it! It is so good to be out of the big city. And baby.........Oh man the county road twisties are just fantastic and that is what motivated me to buy a Victory Vegas. I thought I really wanted a Harley, but after checking out a few... they just weren't for me.

I come from a dirt bike, enduro racing and adventure/dual-sport riding past... (heck, I still do all that). But I just wanted a cruiser out here in the the high, desert environment with such great canyons to carve.

I have some questions and I will post accordingly and some things to work out on this bike to "make it mine", but I am thrilled with the purchase and plan for it to be my cruiser for a decade to come.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome from Southern Oregon, ride safe. I also love my Vegas, but I did add a Harley last year to my Garage. I use it for long rides and two up, wife was not happy on the Vegas.

·
Administrator
2,591 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing the picture.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I live in the front range area, Colorado Springs. Vegas is OK, but you shoulda got a CC or CCT. Hope you enjoy, and remember to keep your eyes peeled for the wildlife, running into a bear on a bike could be a nasty occurrence (I say this because I almost hit a bear in the work truck couple years ago on the west side of town, and thats in a city/county with a half million people plus).

·
Registered
2011 Vegas
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in the front range area, Colorado Springs. Vegas is OK, but you shoulda got a CC or CCT. Hope you enjoy, and remember to keep your eyes peeled for the wildlife, running into a bear on a bike could be a nasty occurrence (I say this because I almost hit a bear in the work truck couple years ago on the west side of town, and thats in a city/county with a half million people plus).
Last summer we sold our home and left Colorado Springs, after living there for 21 years. I wanted off the Front Range five years ago, but had to wait on the wife and her career. I'm no NUBE to riding Colorado, as I have put just over 170,000 miles on bikes in the past few years, mainly of the dual-sport and adventure types. This is the first Cruiser I have owned since 2007.

By the way, I love the Vegas. It is just what I was looking for.

If I need to ride longer distance, I have a VFR1200X that is set up for 1k Iron Butt Rides.

·
Premium Member
9,046 Posts
I lived in Colorado Springs 45 year ago. It was a lot smaller then and different then and yes I was much younger.

Reactions: SuperDog

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am originally from ND, thirty years there, felt like a hundred looking back now. Got sick and tired of winters and the wanna be big city attitudes, figured if I am going to put up with the attitude I could at least get away from the damned miserable winters and actually ride more, which in turn makes me more able to tolerate the big city stupid, LOL. Love that when I moved here it was top 3 most conservative cities in this nation of which I have found that to have been a blessing during these last 2 BS years.
Did not know you were from here and already knew the territory and critters, but always feel it doesn't hurt to remind people. Just lookin out for my fellow riders ;) Be safe.

Nab, I can assume you were about 45 years younger, right? LOL. Yes, it is a changing and fast, has changed just in the 4 years I have been here. I am figuring at the rate home prices are going here, five more years and I will be able to dump it and literally retire, if the entire world hasn't gone up in flames by then :D

·
Registered
628 Posts
A year ago the wife and I moved to the Western Slope of Colorado. We are living in a small, country town of only 500 people. We are loving it! It is so good to be out of the big city. And baby.........Oh man the county road twisties are just fantastic and that is what motivated me to buy a Victory Vegas. I thought I really wanted a Harley, but after checking out a few... they just weren't for me.

I come from a dirt bike, enduro racing and adventure/dual-sport riding past... (heck, I still do all that). But I just wanted a cruiser out here in the the high, desert environment with such great canyons to carve.

I have some questions and I will post accordingly and some things to work out on this bike to "make it mine", but I am thrilled with the purchase and plan for it to be my cruiser for a decade to come.

View attachment 256801
Welcome aboard from deep down in Oz. Nice bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts