Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first start by telling everyone about me and my current ride.
I'm in Virginia and I ride a 2006 HD Ultra Classic in Pearl White. I enjoy local cruising and longer hauls. Currently planning my first Iron Butt ride here in VA.

Recently, I came across the pictures of the 2013 Victory Vision Arlen Ness and fell in love. I have been reading everything I can on Victory bikes and decided to join this forum in helping me with my decision to make the switch. I am getting ready to go do a demo ride when the weather gets a little drier.

Open to your comments both positive and negative.

thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Welcome Frixy from the Pacific Northwet. Been to your part of the country and fell in love with the back roads and food. If you are like me and love to work those twisties, you are going to fall head over heels for a victory. Like you, my riding experience has been touring bikes for decades - I've been riding over 60 years - but the effects of cancer demanded I get a lower seat height if I was to continue riding. That meant a cruiser, and I have been a cruiser hater all those years. I tried others and then Victory came out with the Cross bikes. I checked them out on the 'net, in the magazines, on the forums (like you) and discovered that they are well engineered, powerful, trouble free, comfortable, and carve the twisties with grace and ease. The test ride backed all that up and I bought one of the first in my area. Victory made a perfect cruiser for cruiser haters. And now I'm lovin' mine. Go for it and report back to us.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Welcome from North FL .. Former Ultra Rider myself and went to a Cross Country and Loving it Now .. Your Choice of Vision is a good one .. Actually took a little more than a Demo to convince me totally but after 5,000 miles on the XC .. Is no doubt now am Riding a Far Superior Bike in Handling, Speed and Comfort .. Just took me a little longer to adjust to that Non Harley Feel .. Some won't understand that statement but after 40 years of HD was more of an adjustment for me ..

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Welcome from North FL .. Former Ultra Rider myself and went to a Cross Country and Loving it Now .. Your Choice of Vision is a good one .. Actually took a little more than a Demo to convince me totally but after 5,000 miles on the XC .. Is no doubt now am Riding a Far Superior Bike in Handling, Speed and Comfort .. Just took me a little longer to adjust to that Non Harley Feel .. Some won't understand that statement but after 40 years of HD was more of an adjustment for me ..
Are you saying, if you have to ask, you won't understand? thumb up:ltr:

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts