Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi There:

After too much research last Friday I trade my 2007 Harley-Davidson Nightrod (VRSCD) for a new 2013 Victory Cross Country. Being reading a lot of reviews about Victory and I like what I see. Not a big fan of the HD Twin-Cam engine. Harleys are beautiful bikes, don't get me wrong but I don't think they are just worth it. Too expensive for what you get. The Nightrod (VROD) is a different beast and for the HD purists not a real Harley but I love the VROD, is just not good for long trips. Passenger seat is very small and the GF is on the chunky side. The VROD power is around 125HP and the bike red lines around 9,000 RPM's. My second bike is HD Iron 883 converted to Bobber. I am planning to keep that bike forever.

So far I already put 300 miles since last Friday. The bike is my main mode of transportation. So far I love it, very comfy and love all the on-board amenities. My only questions right now:

1 - Above 3K RPM's feels rough. Is this normal?

2 - Will I benefit of installing only a PCV and keeping the stock exhaust and air filter? I am planning to change the mufflers/slip-on next year after the engine is totally break in. but at the moment my budget only allows for the PCV.

Thank you very much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts