Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2012 Vegas 8-Ball for over 6 years now. Picked up a 2015 CCT a couple of years ago [pre-owned, but practically like new] for the longer road trips with my wife. I've no complaints about Victory, other than those darn self-cancelling turn signals!!! Does anyone out there feel the way I do? Any suggestions on how to either modify the system to make them NON-self-cancelling? Replace the turn signal relay, perhaps? Thanks!

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
I have been riding since 1952 and did back flips when I got my first bike with self cancelling turn signals. I have ridden with many who did not have them and wished they did, but no one has ever complained about having them and wished they didn't. You are the first! I guess congratulations are in order. You can push the button in and stop the signals.
Oh, and welcome to this forum. A lot of good guys here with a lot of good info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, RICZ.... I wouldn't have an issue with this particular feature (it is a smart idea, after all), if the signal didn't turn off 1-2 seconds after turning it on! Most times, it behaves this way, at other times, it will stay on for what seems like a fairly long time, until eventually I have to push the switch to turn it off. Many times, I've found myself entering traffic on the freeway, thinking I'm making drivers immediately behind me aware of my presence and intentions [of lane changes and such], when, in fact, I am not. As bikers, we all can appreciate any extra lights [blinking amber, etc.] we can get to make ourselves more visible to others on the road. I have no problem with cancelling the signal myself...I'm not one of those who cruise down the highway, eternally turning one way or the other!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I HATE the self-cancelling turn signals. At least give us the option to disable it!

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Perhaps there is a flawed sensor that is causing premature cancellation, or extended times. This is a subject never brought up before here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a possibility... I was reading a post from several years back, where a someone was having turn signal problems after replacing the rear LED signals. Someone ultimately replied that it was most likely the ACM (auto-cancelling module) may have been damaged by her wiring the LED turn signal bar backwards. Is the ACM the only component controlling the turn signals, or is there another relay controlling the blinking, and the ACM only turns off the signal after a prescribed amount of time? If this is the case, can the ACM be by-passed?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
This is the first time I have heard of the self-cancelling signals being such a problem. They do NOT turn off only due to time. There is a complex symphony of inputs including clutch lever switch and/or shifting along with some sort of bank/incline/tip-over sensor. They seem to work really well for me. They have never shut off on my prematurely and very seldom do they stay on too long after a turn. I suspect there is something wrong with either the module controlling the auto-cancelling function or one of the input sensors.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I am probably putting my turn signals on what seems like way too soon for victory and normal for everybody else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
12,972 Posts
There was a guy here that was building a bobber and left the AMC off. He could get bike running. One of the gurus I think Kevinx said you have to have the AMC cause other information runs thru it.
Bottom line use your arm and skip the turn signals

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hello Lake Elsinore, Ca from Seattle.
On Saturday I would run up the Capistrano Hiway ride up to the Lake Elsinore Lookout from the mid 1970's - 1990's. Little know fact is Steve McQueen and friends use to compete in the race thru the city back in the day. I was in a group of riders that sometimes included Lance Weil, European MC racer and Laverda dealer in Costa Mesa.
History of the GP..

Have to laugh in my 47 years of riding never came across turn signal issue. Things have gotten a lot better then when I began as all the factories made mechanics out of riders, especially HD. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts