Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from cold and snowy south western ontario.....one of these days its gonna get warm!!
After a 25+ year absence from riding
i bought a Suzuki C50 about 4 years ago. Had it for one year then bought a VTX 1300R. Well im proud to say that i just bought a 2012 Cross Roads Classic #247. I cant wait for warmer weather to actually ride it. I pick it up in a few weeks so hopefully by then mother nature is cooperating!!
Looking forward to adding my own touches to the bike and see what people here have done with theirs.
Happy riding!!
Don

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello From London Ontario

Hello everyone from cold and snowy south western ontario.....one of these days its gonna get warm!!
After a 25+ year absence from riding
i bought a Suzuki C50 about 4 years ago. Had it for one year then bought a VTX 1300R. Well im proud to say that i just bought a 2012 Cross Roads Classic #247. I cant wait for warmer weather to actually ride it. I pick it up in a few weeks so hopefully by then mother nature is cooperating!!
Looking forward to adding my own touches to the bike and see what people here have done with theirs.
Happy riding!!
Don

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Hi Don,
Welcome to the group.
I am from the Ottawa area and like you, I am waiting for the warmer weather to pick up my new CCT from Belleville.
It's been a long cold winter and I am ready for some long riding.
Hopefully soon.
Ride safe.
Paul

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome !cheers

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome, from 20 mins away in Springfield Ont. I'm in London quite often, maybe see you around...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome to Victory and the forum!

Born and raised in southern Ontario, Living in Nova Scotia now.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Don. I'm not from Canada, but I'd love to take a road trip up to the Great White North someday! cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome Don. I am a former Michigander that has visited London, Ont. When I was a little tike, my family visited a place called Storybook Gardens in London. Is that theme park still in operation today?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome from Stirling Ont....enjoy the forum and we will be getting our bikes out soon (I am hoping).

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yes, Storybook gardens is still open. Completely changed concept since I was a kid, no more animals and more of a small theme park idea....

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

Hello to all and thanks for the invites!!
As mentioned earlier, Storybook Gardens is still there but a mere shell of what it once was. All the animals are gone (miss those seals!!), and its now basically a playground.
Nice to see some local guys on here!! Hopefully meet up on the road sometime.
thumb up

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Scotchbriar, i noticed on your info that you have the Cobra tri-oval pipes. Ill probably wait till next year to save up some cash for these but i have tried to find these and i cant seem to locate them anywhere. Not on Cobra's website... no where. Where did you purchase these from? How do they sound? Did you need to install a fuel management system?
Thx

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Pretty sure they are a Victory performance pipe, check the Victory website.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, Storybook gardens is still open. Completely changed concept since I was a kid, no more animals and more of a small theme park idea....
Hello to all and thanks for the invites!!
As mentioned earlier, Storybook Gardens is still there but a mere shell of what it once was. All the animals are gone (miss those seals!!), and its now basically a playground.
Nice to see some local guys on here!! Hopefully meet up on the road sometime.
thumb up
WOW! Been over 40 years since I was at Storybook Gardens - sounds like it survived from it's glory days with all the attractions and live shows to it current function of a park..... Great to hear it's still there.thumb up

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pretty sure they are a Victory performance pipe, check the Victory website.
I just noticed that, thx. Its gonna be hard to chose which pipes to go with when im ready to do so. Just a quick search on youtube and i love the look of the tri-ovals but i think i like the sound of the Freedom Performance pipes better...:crzy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts