Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Live in Severna Park Md and just joined up on here the other day researching Vegas,Hammer, Jackpot.....Ended up with a 2011 KingPin, 2900 miles

Wanted a Hammer, like the inverted forks /18 inch wheel and cafe ish look. Sat on a Jackpot and my leg does not spread far enough from the exhaust pipes. Not crazy about the 21inch rim.

Thought about buying a Vegas and finding a Hammer front end on eBay to swap it out. The front end is 900 the wheels 1000 a pair puts a used '09 - '11 Vegas at the cost of a '14 new.

I really like the tank/seat and comfort of the Vegas. So since they share the same frame I could put a Hammer front fender and Vegas rear fender but I am really liking the Kingpin style in pearl/sandstone finish.

Sooo about me I have been riding since I was 14 street and dirt. Got divorced in '99, Ex wanted a Harley to ride on so during the separation I bought a '79 Super Glide/Low rider, stripped it to the frame and custom built the bike for 5 years. Rode it for a summer back and forth to work then ended up putting it away for a year then traded it for a Yamaha Grizzly loaded lol. I hunt so the 4x4 is what I wanted/needed at the time. Also had full custody of my 2 kids since they were 5/6 and couldn't take both of them on the bike.

My youngest, 19 yr old just got his learners for motorcycles and bought a Kaw Ninja 250. I have been riding it around the neighborhood and wanted my own bike again.

Funny I grew up around Harleys since I was 18 and after custom building my dream bike and friends buying new ones and having several problems the first year of ownership I knew I didn't want to go that route again.

Feel like a kid waiting for xmas. My bike should be here this week.

~Jamie

·
Registered
168 Posts
You have the best cruiser Victory ever made. And it is not even broken in yet. Enjoy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts