Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time listener, first time caller. I have been a member for a while, using this great forum to research the different models of Victorys before I buy. I have a Honda VTX now and can't decide if I want to stay with a "power cruiser" (Hammer), or try a tourer (Cross-Country). I have determined that my next bike will be a Victory!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Long time listener, first time caller. I have been a member for a while, using this great forum to research the different models of Victorys before I buy. I have a Honda VTX now and can't decide if I want to stay with a "power cruiser" (Hammer), or try a tourer (Cross-Country). I have determined that my next bike will be a Victory!
Happy hunting!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
How about a "power touring cruiser" (Cross Roads)? LOL

Or a "cruising power tourer" (Kingpin Tour)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing is out of the question at this point.

I am looking to buy a used Victory. I just can't pony up for new just yet. Are there any certain years where big enough improvements were made that I should prefer over older models?...or vice versa?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Not sure about that. I'm sure others can answer.

I knew I wanted a XR. The Xr/XC only came out in 2010. So there are fewer used ones out there and they're holding their value pretty well. I looked for over a month before i found one in my area and bought it last week.

On the other hand, I've seen lots of KPs in my area. Not sure if there are certain years to avoid...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Your best bet may be to go to a Victory dealer and demo some bikes. This will help you in two ways, it will let you know which model speaks to you and will also get you on some bikes for some free fun!

If possible try to make it to a dealer when the demo truck is in town (google Victory demo schedule to get to the schedule) because they trucks carry the full line and it helps your budget. If you demo the bikes they'll give you a coupon for $1000 in customer cash that can be used if you buy within a set period of time. Some dealers wiggle things around a little and work it out so the cash comes off the bike price. This could get you into a leftover 2009 or newer for about what you were looking to spend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts