Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a crossroads as a future purchase if all goes well. I now ride a 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 with 120,+++ miles on it. My biggest concern is tire wear and two-up comfort on the crossroads. Ride safe and enjoy every mile.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Considering a crossroads as a future purchase if all goes well. I now ride a 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 with 120,+++ miles on it. My biggest concern is tire wear and two-up comfort on the crossroads. Ride safe and enjoy every mile.
OldGreg, Bought my XR cuz of the generous passenger seat and nice passenger backrest. However, mine is a 2010 that has a wider passenger seat than the succeeding ones have. My saddle is now identical to the XC's. There are a couple ways you can go; one is to get a XC, the other is to get a XR with the hard bags and have the seat customized or buy a used XC seat. The reason the XR's passenger seat is now narrower is to accommodate the inward opening leather bags. As for tire wear, I have 7K+ miles and they show little wear. But I always get great tire life (on 2 or 4 wheels) as I mind the pressures and am very smooth - no jerking the controls or sudden anythings. Good luck. cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
wecome oldgreg, good to see someone from good old n.c in hear, cant help with your Qs, only got few hun on my bike still new, my seat perfect, and i hope for 100,00 on my tires i am poor :) would love to go to the gazebo for a beer but just to early cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2012 Cross Country Tour and I love it. Whatever model you decide to get I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts