Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Sunset Red Judge from Cherokee Trikes & More in Greer, SC. Very good people to work with. So...hello from Spartanburg. Any riders in the area?

D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome! I have been very interested in trying out the Judge, I'm curious what you think of the riding position. Seems there are a lot of different opinions out there.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Welcome! I have been very interested in trying out the Judge, I'm curious what you think of the riding position. Seems there are a lot of different opinions out there.
It's nothing that can't be fixed with a seat that isn't scooped down to the frame.

The majority of complaints I've heard blame the forward handlebars, but IMO that ain't the problem. Because of the deep scoop in the seat, you are situated farther from the bars than you should be. It also causes one's hips to ride below their kneecaps (even for midgets like me). This is a goofy, uncomfortable position to ride a motorcycle any distance.

Marketing people apparently get feedback from potential cruiser buyers that they want ultra low seat heights. Maybe its easier to hold them up drunk that way? In any event, many manufacturers go out of their way to screw up motorcycle ergonomics/handling to please these low riders. This is yet another in a long line of examples.

The one issue I have with the handlebars is that they are not wide enough. They look sporty, but don't have the leverage of the other model's wider bars and make the Judge feel more top heavy and hard to steer than its siblings.

It also has a lowered rear shock that is very poor at absorbing road irregularities.

Don't take any of this wrong. I think the underlying bike is good. It's just that with a few choice mods it could be soooo much better.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the comfort level is not bad. The only pressure point is the tailbone.
I'm going to check out the touring seat this weekend at the dealership.
i also wish the seat was not scooped as much but it is not "uncomfortable".
As far as the bars go i love the reach and a bit of a lean forward (my other bike is a Aprilia Shiver). I think if the bars were any wider with the scooped seat you would run out if arms in tight low speed turns. Overall love the bike and looking forward to doing some mods both comfort and performance.

DP

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saddlebag is correct though. The deep scooped seat is probably contributing to pressure on the tailbone due to the hips being a bit lower than the knees causing a bit of extra pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts