Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, glad to be a part of this community. My name is Steve hope to learn new things from here like techniques and about the best model of this bike.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Hello everyone, glad to be a part of this community. My name is Steve hope to learn new things from here like techniques and about the best model of this bike.
Welcome Steve, plenty good info here, what model do you like??

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Hey Steve! Welcome from Florida! What bike do you have?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
greetings from Central New York!!!
cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello thank you for the warm welcome. Let me think first if what is the model that I have in my mind but guys in your opinion and experience what is the best model in your mind?

·
Registered
374 Posts
West Coast welcome!

The best model is the one between your legs

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Welcome, Steve!

Your question is very broad. The answer has to do with your purpose for a motorcycle. Victory makes two models of big touring that are decked out with many conveniences and room for carrying lots of stuff and two people in style and comfort, for thousands of miles. Victory also makes naked electric bikes that are good for short hops in warm, dry pleasant weather. Is your riding all about going out for an hour or two or three on a nice summer day, in the country? Weekend camping trips alone? Profiling with a low-slung wildly-painted, loud cruiser? Few bikes are THE BEST bike for ALL of these purposes, so it helps to know what you want a motorcycle for.

For me, I want to ride as often and as much as possible, commuting to work (country riding - no city traffic here) or heading across the continent, in heat or cold, rain or shine, and have room for work gear, groceries, camping gear or whatever. My choice is the Cross Country Tour (often abbreviated XCT). I'm very pleased with it, after 57,000 miles.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hello thank you for the warm welcome. Let me think first if what is the model that I have in my mind but guys in your opinion and experience what is the best model in your mind?
agree with the previous comment... all depends on what you are planning on doing.. I have had two victories now, first a Hammer and now a Cross Roads. Both bloody excellent machines and both worlds apart.. it is like comparing a hammer to a crescent wrench.. sure you can kind of do the same things with both tools but each one has a purpose in mind..
I originally got the Hammer when I had a job that was local and my wife didn't really like riding all that much. Worked perfect for everything I needed it to do. Occasionally I had a bungee net to handle what small sundries I would need from time to time...
Then I took a job that was 40 miles away from home. The Hammer was still an excellent machine but riding at 75+ on the highways, specially in the cooler months, wasn't really suited for longer riding and in its stock form wasn't great for 2-up, at least not me and my wife size two-up...
Enter the CrossRoads, better suspension, wind protection, saddlebags, bigger passenger seat - was a no brainer.. i had a real tough time between the CrossCountry and the CrossRoads because they both are excellent machines. I also liked the Vision but the saddlebags didn't seem to hold as much and finding one in my price range was a little tougher as well.. in the end i decided on the crossroads because it didn't have the radio, was uber comfy, and i got it at a very nice price.
Neither of the two victories are better than the other in my opinion as both are two of the best bikes I have ever owned. Its just that each has a area where they shine...
cheers

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Hi from the Pacific NW. The best bike is the one that suits your needs and fits your body. Miss those two targets and you'll have buyer's remorse, so be very honest with yourself. I have seen too many get the wrong bike and that sometimes resulted in a crash. We can be of more help if you'll tell us if this will be your first bike. Many here have been there, done that for many years - even decades, like me. Been riding since 1952. Yeah, I'm the old guy here.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome from Idaho.

Get ya down to a dealer and sit on a few. Ride them, if you can. After you've figured out which bike is most comfortable for you, figure out whether it fits the needs for the type of riding you do. I'd say its easier to choose the most comfortable bike and add stuff like a windshield or saddle bags than pick a less comfortable bike and fart around with bars and seats and foot controls.

But honestly, any Vic is a capable bike and you have lots of options for mods.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Best victory

Welcome from N. Alabama Steve from New York! Victory bikes are like women - There ain't no good ones there ain't no bad ones and the best one is the one you're riding. Treat her good she'll let you ride long as you possibly can! Me, I ride a vision cuz its a bitchin' looking bike like no other and she's EASY TO PICK UP ;-) Get one, ride it till you can't ride it no more, then get another one. You won't be disappointed . When life throws you a curve, lean into it ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts