Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum because I am considering the Cross Country Tour and needed resources for such items as a hitch, cb, windscreen options, etc.. I currently ride a Honda GL1800 with CSC trike kit and am looking to go back to 2 wheels. I'll be checking in from time to time.thumb up

·
Registered
403 Posts
welcome. Glad to have another AL member. If you are considering new give Ed Haygood a call at Shoal Outdoor Sports. He's a great guy and will definitely take care of you. I live in the Birmingham area and didn't have much success with my local dealer but was very happy with SOS.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome Bamaboy...that's a great choice of bike. You will be very pleased when you land one.
I envy anyone who lives that close to the Barber museum. Went there once and once was not enough. They have my first bike there--in fact they have two of the buggers...a Simplex Servi-Cycle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcomes. We hope to be able to try out a 2013 CCT tomorrow afternoon. I need a lower stock seat height than a Goldwing and have boiled it down to either a HD Ultra, or the Victory Cross Country Tour. I would be considering a Vision, but Victory refuses to change those ugly and puny bags and trunk. The V theme was clearly overdone on the Vision and cargo space and style have paid the price. My biggest concerns are excessive engine heat vs. riders, visibility over and through the high mounted dash for sawed off (5'-8" / 29" inseam) old farts like me, and comfort for my wife.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moosehead; I have visited the Shoals Outdoor Sports website and they do not have my color in stock in a 2013 model, and the 2014's only come in 3 color choices. Their prices are considerably lower than local dealer, but local dealer has my color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts