Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have been lurking for a while and decided to introduce myself. Name is Tyler and I currently ride an 02 fatboy with apes. I'll never get rid of that bike but I am in the market for a touring bike to add to the stable. The two bikes I am considering are the Harley Road Glide Ultra and the XCT. Both are impressive machines and it is not going to be an easy decision. If you have good things to say about the Vic or even bad things to say about the Harley (as long as it's legit) I'm all ears. I have done plenty of research so far and the only thing that has me a little leary of the Vic is the resale value. I hope as they gain ground in the market share it improves some. Anyway I'm glad to be here and will be doing plenty of reading to ensure the right decision is made. cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Trashman. I currently live in the watertown area but will be moving to MO next month. I will miss riding in the adorondacks during the summer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As a former ElectraGlide owner, I'm loving the Victory. It doesn't have the heat issues of the H-D touring bikes, the vibration, and has a ton more power than my old 96"
I also went from an 800+ pound bike to a much lighter Jackpot, so it's apples & oranges as far as weight & handling. I didn't do alot of heavy touring, so the cruiser works better for me.
And welcome...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sorry Punisher, we need a litle more than 15 minutes to welcome you. So welcome to the Victory Forums.

Here's some of the pros and cons:

XCT has almost twice the suspension of the RGU.
RGU has more than 10 times as many aftermarket accessories as the XCT.
XCT has a bigger engine with more torque and HP as the RGU.
RGU is more recognizable and has been around many more years than the XCT.
XCT rated better for handling all the magazine reviews than the RGU
RGU has a better communications system option than the XCT
XCT has much more storage in the saddlebags and trunk than the RGU
RGU matches the cloths you already have, apparel for the XCT is weak

Honestly you're going to have to demo both bikes. One will speak to you and one may feel like an antique.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Punisher, we need a litle more than 15 minutes to welcome you. So welcome to the Victory Forums.

Here's some of the pros and cons:

XCT has almost twice the suspension of the RGU.
RGU has more than 10 times as many aftermarket accessories as the XCT.
XCT has a bigger engine with more torque and HP as the RGU.
RGU is more recognizable and has been around many more years than the XCT.
XCT rated better for handling all the magazine reviews than the RGU
RGU has a better communications system option than the XCT
XCT has much more storage in the saddlebags and trunk than the RGU
RGU matches the cloths you already have, apparel for the XCT is weak

Honestly you're going to have to demo both bikes. One will speak to you and one may feel like an antique.
Ammo, it was a little more than 24hrs but whos counting? haha. I have ridden the XCT and liked it. I have yet to ride the RGU. Thanks for the input. You make great points.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Crap you got me! I noticed the times were 15 minutes apart but didn't catch "yesterday" and "today".

After reading BaggerSteves comment about heat I have to add a little. You'll find several people on here with XCT's that are complaining about heat too. Most of them are in Southern states and they are concerned about being able to use the highway bar lowers in the summer. They may/may not be correct about the heat and may/may not have ridden a Geezer Glide, if they haven't ridden the HD they really haven't experianced heat! Also the XCT is oil cooled and the cooler is mounted between the lowers so there isn't as much of a concern of engine meltdown as on the HD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts