Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm an admittedly slightly off-the-wall guy who hangs out at renaissance faires in the Northeast for fun. At the end of last year I happened to have some pictures taken while working on a calendar, and when the time came for a motorcycle picture the photographer came up with a Victory Kingpin. Although not a rider at the time, I was taken with the styling and attitude of the brand. The pictures came out well and I unsuccessfully tried to interest Victory in an ad campaign. Despite that, I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course in the summer and began saving my pennies. A few days ago I became the proud owner of a 2006 Jackpot. 'Tis a bit larger than the bikes the Foundation had, but I'm sure having fun after a few days of turning corners on that big back tire. When I get a chance I'll have pictures of the Jackpot but for the moment here's the Kingpin that stoked my interest.

Attachments

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A little FYI for ya.

The Search feature is your friend!  You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome. ya that Jackpot is a bit bigger than the MSF 250's. Take it slow.

·
Registered
396 Posts
welcome to the victory family.
before long you will be riding it like you stole it!cheers

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
For me I had about 1 hour of total riding time before I took the MSF course in April, 2006. I bought Porti, my 06 Jackpot in May 2006.

I went over to the college where I took the course as often as possible and practiced on the course. I became extremely familiar with my bike and that wide tire.

I NEVER ride beyond my ability. I don't let me ego get in the way. I've been on rides with a lot of people that like to burn it up on the twisties. Even today 4 years later and over 30,000 miles on Porti I tell them I'll catch up with them later.

I can ride twisties at a much better clip then 4 years ago but I am still green compared to a lot of these other guys.

Enjoy your bike!!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm following your lead Diamondrmp. As soon as I got the chance I took the bike back to the same parking lot and practiced on the MSF course. I'm playing pretty conservative right now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts