Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I'm a new user of Victory 92TC deluxe, 2002, pearl-champagne painted, K&N filtered and exchaust extracted by previous owner, 9000 miles on display. Rather rare motorcycle in Poland where japan bikes and some Harleys and BMWs rules on roads. But I always want something diff, something big, fat, low, and finally customized :) So I plan in a future to change a little or more couple elements. Strip the bike to ride only on engine with bolt on only necesary things, with lowered sitting place (most complicated modification I think), black mat painted probably. So again, hello all! Take care on roads!

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
WITAJ PRZYJACIELU!
Your English is excellent. What city do you live in? I am part Polish and was in your country 2 years ago and fell in love with it. Except for Auschwitz. Saw a lot of motorcycles while there, especially in the southwest mountain part. Two more posts and you can post photos of your bike and I hope you will.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Canada Elmvale ON....

Ride safe and enjoy your victory!!

Rob

·
Registered
483 Posts
Howdy from Texas!

9000 miles on an 02 is unreal. I just never understand buying a bike and not riding it. But it could be a good thing because that means I'll be able to find Vics for years to come.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it seems unreal. But motorcycle stay not touched last three or more years in garage after some minor accident. Due to moisture in garage (I guess) chromes are in bad condition, it's scaly. I noticed practically no wear on other parts; seat, front suspension surfaces, paint, tires are old but looks like new ones. So maybe mileage is authentic
Leszek

·
Registered
483 Posts
The tires will have a date on them so you can know how old they are. Just because they look good doesn't mean a thing. They can still be hard and ready to fail. They should probably be replaced for your safety.

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
Leszek....Please bleed out all the old brake fluid and put in new. Brake fluid absorbs the moisture in the air and that lowers its boiling point as well as causing corrosion in the calipers.
I love Karkow. When we were there, there was a live stage show in the town square - a Cuban group playing some great, feel good music. Made me want to dance and I did!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Good point RICZ. I'll check it.
About Krakow, this is one of cultural centre in PL, maybe the most interesting, specially if you love pubs :), they are literaly in each house in whole old town! Sometimes several in one house including famous basements directly from kings times... Nice place for travel, fun, living and work but I've got two small children now and 5 years ago moved 10 miles off from center so I am a guest in my own city from time to time only (but I have huge garage just near my house now! :) )

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
A huge garage?!? I'm jealous! :( There are some nice dark beers in Poland and I never found any food I did not like. We loved the milk bars - so good and so cheap too. For those who have never been there, a milk bar is like a cafeteria.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A huge garage?!? I'm jealous! :( There are some nice dark beers in Poland and I never found any food I did not like. We loved the milk bars - so good and so cheap too. For those who have never been there, a milk bar is like a cafeteria.
The milk bars are kind of communist time bisrtros rather. See below one of my favourite - Sunny milk bar in Gdynia (since 1959, and stii in good shape). They were about to vanish after the political and economical changes in early 90ties, but somehow survived the battle against storming McDonalds and PizzaHuts. And they are making better and better lately. Originally they were serving "milk" dishes only, the name can be cofusing for foreigners, as they include eggs, potatoes, barley, salads, pancakes, compotes, fruits... Nowadays they include in their menus also some simple meat courses, as traditional "schabowy" (breaded pork chop). And they are attracting many people. At the lunch time often can be seen line of people waiting on the pavement outside of the Sunny. Majority of them are pensionists or students, you can meet homeless here as well, for one reason - the price. See the attached - last column in the old fashioned, perforated blackboard menu are the prices (cena). One digit means it's just polish zloty, three digits, well, imagine there is a missing coma between the first and the second one. Then divide what you can see by 3.65, and, voila, you have the price in USD. Yes, you can have there a regular dish, not just a sandwich or snack, for 1 to 2 bucks! Choose 3, 4, 5 courses, and you are full for less than 10! Welcome to Poland!
I've been too long again, maybe I shall move that to the lounge.
Leszek, stealing your welcome thread was not my intention. Once again - welcome, and enjoy your Vic!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
Thanks for that reply Leszek, good information and good memories. And not too long - after all, this is YOUR thread. BTW, I am proudly wearing my POLSKA fleece, (sweatshirt) which also has the national eagle.
Ric

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
I just HAD to include this picture of the lunchtime line at one of the milk bars we ate at and the sign on another window. Enjoy! I have more photos from Poland if anyone is interested. And I'll bet Leszek does too!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RICZ, nice memories caught in pictures. It is good that you like such things. To feel other counry.
Many Americans who visit us are terrified until they find McDonalds and cola in store :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello ViVi
dzięki za pozdrowienia z Gdańska. czasem tam bywam w delegacji.
Pracowałem jeszcze niedawno w Delphi Kraków.

sorry for switching to polish

1 - 20 of 20 Posts