Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i would like to thank all the posters here at Victory forums for sharing your knowledge and most times non-bias opinions. After visiting the forum atleast a thousand times in the past couple weeks, there is no doubt in my mind, i will own a Victory High-Ball before summer. LOL (hang em High). I started looking for prospects last year, Harley was likely the next bike i would own.I live in an area Laden with harley enthusiasts, they have no problem at all shelling out the "someday you'll own a real bike" comments around here. I had a Suzuki Intruder for a little while and participated in a few Poker runs. My Wife and i love to ride and we look forward to doing it together on a High Ball this summer.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I also own a VS800GL Suzuki Intruder How do you and your wife like that stock seat. The worst seat i heve ever sat on. I finally had to order a Corbin seat for it. I then went and bought the CC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, My butt was numb by the 2nd stop on every run we ever did my pinky finger on my throttle hand as well, i had to dodge any and all road imperfections LOL otherwise she was yellin. In truth i really enjoyed that bike, it was quick for an 800. My friend has a Warrior and we would goof around, i always had him in the first 3 gears, but then he'd blow by in the 4th. i thought about a CC but everyone around here has baggers.We want to be a little different. My local Victory dealer has had the same High Ball in stock since it came out, we'll be different all right.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on you decision to go with Victory despite the threat of being picked at. Not that comments from the HD guys will stick; a little throttle and HD guys and their comments will be way behind you.

Just a word of advice, do a demo on a Vegas so you can ride 2-up and have an idea of how the bike is going to handle you and a passenger. The Highball will be a little different than the Vegas because it has different tires but the suspension should be about the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ammo, i was planning something like that. I was skeptical at first about the High Ball having a solo seat from the factory, however once i figured out it's vegas with Apes and a shorter wheelbase (not by much) i figured 2up was a go. i'll try to find a demo ride. With only 6 dealers in the state i'm not sure how easy that will be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easier than i thought, LOL Duh. guess i was thinking demo models and rides were only available at certain dealers, only one problem though. My dealer doesn't have a Vegas. do they keep the demos in the back room or u ride whats on the floor? When i was there Saturday. he had the High Ball, Cross Country and Cross Roads on the sales floor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts