Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, let me say that I've been lurking here for a month or so soaking up all the information I can about these machines. I'm in the market to buy in the next week or two so I can have something to make my 35-mile commute a bit better. I have owned 3 bikes in the past - a Suzuki Savage (first bike), a GSX-R 600, and a Honda Magna 750 (favorite of the 3). I've been focused on the Vegas 8-Ball but may consider a Kingpin or even a Crossroads. Fortunately, there's a demo day in Bakersfield this weekend so I can hopefully try each of them out.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and see if there are any other Victory riders in the Lancaster/Palmdale area. I've met a couple on the street while I asked them about their bikes and they've been great folks.

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Welcome Woody. Give em all a try this weekend and report to us your impressions. My choice is the XR as I like the loooong floor boards, ample passenger seat, locking hard bags, removable windscreen and lots more. I'm down to one bike for the first time in decades cuz my XR does everything I need a bike to do, including long distance touring. But your tastes and needs may differ. Enjoy the test rides.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Adjustable controls.

Test road a Hammer,Kingpin and CrossRoads last demo ride I attended. Hammer was fun,but did not dig the fat rear tire. Took out the Kingpin,fit it very well. Rode the CrossRoads, what a nice ride and handled good. Could not reach the foot controls good,so figured I would go for the Kingpin if I ever bit the bullet and got one. Then I found out the floorboards and controls were adjustable. That really made the XR more tempting. Ate at me for a couple of weeks. Went back and now I got me a XR, YES!thumb up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts