Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Victory owners!!!!

Yesterday, after a long search I got my first Victory. I traded my 2009 Yamaha R1 for a 2012 Zach Ness Vegas #31. Wow!!! What an incredible bike.

After looking at several Harley and Harley type bikes, including a Titan which was the most miserable POS I have ever thrown my leg over, I started looking in to Victory.

Finally, and American V-Twin worth riding!!!!

I have been riding for 35 years now, and currently own a 2017 Yamaha FZ10 and a 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere as well. I was digging my all Yamaha garage, but the Victory is a very welcome edition. As a former active duty Marine, I am happy to be riding an American bike. However, I have never been able to make friends with Harley.

Victory solves that problem!!!

My Vegas needs a new seat and a new set of bars to fit me, as I am 6' 4" and a slim 270lbs...

Anyway, I am looking forward to picking the brains of the members here!

Lastly, I am sad to know that these incredible bikes are no longer made. Too bad for me I did not discover them until now...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Elmvale ON Canada...

you've found one of the best sources of information, fun and gentle arguments LOL for your new Victory!!

Ride it like you stole it and it will love you!

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida! Glad to see another Marine here! Semper Fi brother! You will love this group and you will love your bike!

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Welcome from CT!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Where on the Central Coast? Yep, these Vics are amazing bikes and the deeper you delve into yours, the more amazing you'll know they are.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome from southern Oregon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where on the Central Coast? Yep, these Vics are amazing bikes and the deeper you delve into yours, the more amazing you'll know they are.
I am in San Miguel, just a few miles north of Paso Robles. Living the dream in wine country! Life is not sucking!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Solaris, Great place to live. I had a house in Atascadero and my bike came from Grover City on the coast. I still have a son in Paso Robles. Good luck with the bike.

·
13,177 Posts
can't you loosen the handle bar clamp and raise the bars up.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
The best system I learned for knowing exactly where your grips should be is as follows...
Sit on your bike with it vertical and have two 12" rulers (or something similar) one in each hand. Close your eyes and place our hands where you'd like your grips to be and open your eyes and you will see where your grips should be.
Paramount to riding comfort is your wrists should be straight with your forearm. Also, there should be a bend to your arms - arms should not be straight.

·
13,177 Posts
You can rotate the switch housing. If you can't look close where the two pieces come together there is a pin that locks them is a spacift angle. Pull the pin and you can move them to what you like

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Or you could buy the very best bars in the known universe, made just up the road from me from the finest 304 grade American Stainless Steel, highly polished and in a meaty 1 3/4" diameter.
Take advantage of the lousy Aussie dollar and the $100 discount Ive secured for forum members and you can have the ultimate handlebars too.
Sure theyre not cheap, but they are the best,
and you won't get a better deal on Burleigh Bars made Downunder.
Burleigh Bars - Motorcycle handlebars for custom Harley Davidson, Victory, Choppers, Triumph, Metric Cruisers, Suzuki | Custom handlebars for custom bikes

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
Welcome from Santa Maria! Just down the street (101)!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
CONSUMER WARNING!!
Burleigh Bars will have your bike pulling to the left of the centerline and riding on the left side of the road. :)

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
CONSUMER WARNING!!
Burleigh Bars will have your bike pulling to the left of the centerline and riding on the left side of the road. :)
You forgot and upside down:devil

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome from the north side of you in Mount Shasta!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello from the Sierra Nevada foothills. Now if that Vegas doesn't look like a Marine should own it, I don't know what would and I mean that in a good way. Sweet ride and welcome to the club! Been a Victory owner since 2006, now on my 2nd victory and still no complaints.

You're just down the road from Corbin in Hollister, check them out for a new seat. You can do a ride-in custom fitting. Their seats are firm, but comfortable. Slapped one on my Jackpot in 2006 and never looked back (had for 10 years).

Enjoy your new ride. Maybe I'll see you at Alice's one day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts