Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2008 I bought a Yamaha Roadliner 1900cc and began a tour of the US. This year was my final cross country tour and it would give me all forty eight states that I've ridden in. Well in Ashland Montana I lost a wheel bearing. After a ton of cash and time (five days lost) in Billings Montana the bike was fixed.

I called off my trip. My wife rides with me on a separate bike (she rides a Yamaha Warrior 1700cc). So we headed south from Montana leaving the three states I missed behind. I missed Utah, Idaho, and Oregon. But that left a bad taste in my mouth. I had been debating over a new Victory or Goldwing F6B for awhile now. I wanted to finish the mission I started on the same bike. Well that was no longer possible. I was so mad I failed to meet my goal. Every minute I sat on that bike I hated it more and more. A few days later we stopped of the highway in Nebraska for gas.

Across the street from the gas station was a Victory dealership. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I left the Roadliner there and took off on a brand new Hardball. Nice bike. I miss the lower end torque that Roadliner had but the Hardball is way more comfortable.

So that's how I ended up on a Victory. The F6B was knocked out of the running because that was my last big tour and I didn't want to buy a touring bike to ride around town. The Victory is a nice medium of real touring and regular cruising to me.

Also, I am an antique car enthusiast. I currently have a 1968 Cadillac Coupe Deville (black on black). Down here each year we have a huge antique event called "Cruising the Coast" that lasts about a week.

Also if you like eccentric bikes you can check out my webpage. I've owned quite a few over the years (even one I built). I need to update it because our current bikes are different. We have a 2008 Warrior, a 2006 Triumph Sprint, and the 2013 Hardball.

www.wrenchesandwhiskeycycles.com

Have fun,
-Shannon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts