Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Figured I would introduce myself as I hope to be around here for a long time to come. I've been riding an `05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A for the past year, super fun and reliable little bike that I bought after not owning one for almost 20 years. Anyway, I was looking to buy a new Vegas 8ball, been jacking around with the idea for a couple months now, so I put my Vulcan up for sale. I was offered everything from $2500 less than I was asking to trading for 14 goats... seriously!

I immediately pulled the ads and said screw it, I'll take a hit by trading it in instead of dealing with idiots. Well, I went Wednesday to get my Vegas 8ball when something caught my eye. I walked over and fell in love, Jackpot! An `06 with 5400 miles.

It is an odd color(light burgundy-ish) so I got to looking at it closely. Found a few scratches, on the exhaust. brake pedal and the ball on the brake lever. It was dropped, not hard but enough to scratch it up a bit and the previous owner painted it. The more I looked at it, the more I didn't like the color, but the bike itself is just sweet.

Talked some numbers, thought about it for a couple days, went to the credit union and I'm bringing my new to me Jackpot home in the morning. Got a good deal and decent trade in on mine so I can live with the color for a couple weeks. Going break her down and paint it either pearl white and pearl orange or something close to Synergy Green on the new Camaro(if I can find it), after I put a few miles on it of course thumb up

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here she is. What an upgrade from the 800A. LOVE this thing, and its a beast!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats on the NEW ride and welcome to the forums! Don't forget the follow pics after the new paint... Safe ridin!!!!

Tim

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice bike man.thumb up I came off a Vulcan 800 too, I agree it was a good bike but nothing like a victory.

Two things I wasn't expecting were the mpg is the same and the big ass Victory handles way better than the 800 did. I never noticed how heavy the front end felt on the 800 until I put several hundred miles on the Vic then road the 800 again.
One more great thing about switching from a Vulcan to a Vic is I don't suffer from "Harley envy" anymore:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are a ton of guys and gals here who are a HUGE help with any questions you may have.

I also want to paint my bike Synergy Green! I have been saying it ever since i bought my bike. The GM paint code for it is WA708s.

If you do it before me please post lots of pics!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I love that color! :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I took her out today, added another 270 miles to the clock. What a machine! I'm still amazed at the unreal power this thing makes. I've ridden a few HD's, a Roadstar Warroir, and my buddy's Stratoliner and none of them felt like the Victory. Even in 6th gear it's still snappy.

saintdruss13, I filled up today and the Victory had got 44.6mpg from this tank, I was lucky to get 38mpg from the Kaw even after installing Scootworks' 'Highway Kit'. It lowered the RPMs but didn't gain much mileage. I like the way the JP handles compared to the Vulcan but I think the ride is a bit harsher. No complaints though.

Adam8ball, I found a website that sells paint and they have what they are calling Synergy Green. I was told a while back that the factory that produced pigment for Synergy Green and Sedona Orange(HD color) was wiped out by the tsunami, and what was out there was it. Who knows. If its remotely close to it then I'm good with it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Adam8ball, I found a website that sells paint and they have what they are calling Synergy Green. I was told a while back that the factory that produced pigment for Synergy Green and Sedona Orange(HD color) was wiped out by the tsunami, and what was out there was it. Who knows. If its remotely close to it then I'm good with it.
Yea as long as it would be remotely the same pigment I would be cool with it too.

What's the website?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts